What a difference a week makes. Last Monday, MSNBC topped the cable news ratings in the key 25-54 demo for the first of two nights owing to its coverage of the secret Mitt Romney tape. This Monday, Fox News Channel is solidly back at No. 1 in the demo. Fox News pulled in an average of 2.3M total viewers in primetime last night, while MSNBC had 1.3M and CNN 573,000. The numbers were a bit tighter in the demo, but Fox still topped second-place MSNBC by more than 100,000 viewers. Among the night’s top five shows, MSNBC did much better with the demo than it did in total viewers: With 429,000 viewers in 25-54, The Rachel Maddow Show was the third-highest-ranked show behind The O’Reilly Factor’s 633,000 and Sean Hannity’s 488,000. Still, if those numbers continue, Maddow won’t beat Hannity in the demo like she did the week of September 17. MSNBC’s The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell was fifth last night in the demo with 412,000, just behind The Fox Report’s 418,000. Bill O’Reilly topped all primetime shows in total viewers with 3.2M.
Fox News Reclaims Cable News’ Top Ratings Spot Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest TV News
- Max Greenfield Makes Reservation For ‘American Horror Story: Hotel’
- NASCAR 600 Ratings Slow Down, ‘Battle Creek’ Ends Even, ‘A.D.’ Ratings Dip
- Charter Nears $55B Deal To Buy Time Warner Cable: Reports
- Netflix Rumored To Want Gerard Depardieu For French ‘House Of Cards’
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82