What a difference a week makes. Last Monday, MSNBC topped the cable news ratings in the key 25-54 demo for the first of two nights owing to its coverage of the secret Mitt Romney tape. This Monday, Fox News Channel is solidly back at No. 1 in the demo. Fox News pulled in an average of 2.3M total viewers in primetime last night, while MSNBC had 1.3M and CNN 573,000. The numbers were a bit tighter in the demo, but Fox still topped second-place MSNBC by more than 100,000 viewers. Among the night’s top five shows, MSNBC did much better with the demo than it did in total viewers: With 429,000 viewers in 25-54, The Rachel Maddow Show was the third-highest-ranked show behind The O’Reilly Factor’s 633,000 and Sean Hannity’s 488,000. Still, if those numbers continue, Maddow won’t beat Hannity in the demo like she did the week of September 17. MSNBC’s The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell was fifth last night in the demo with 412,000, just behind The Fox Report’s 418,000. Bill O’Reilly topped all primetime shows in total viewers with 3.2M.
Fox News Reclaims Cable News’ Top Ratings Spot Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest TV News
- ‘Still the King’ Billy Ray Cyrus Comedy Series Canceled By CMT After 2 Seasons
- Dave Chappelle’s New Netflix Special Set For New Year’s Eve
- Adam McKay Reteams With Composer Nicholas Britell On Two Projects
- Ben Affleck Calls Harvey Weinstein “Sleazy”, Admires Rose McGowan
- ‘Nashville’ To End: Season 6 On CMT Will Be Country Drama Series’ Last
- ‘The Gifted’: Skyler Samuels Set To Recur In Fox’s Marvel Drama Series