What a difference a week makes. Last Monday, MSNBC topped the cable news ratings in the key 25-54 demo for the first of two nights owing to its coverage of the secret Mitt Romney tape. This Monday, Fox News Channel is solidly back at No. 1 in the demo. Fox News pulled in an average of 2.3M total viewers in primetime last night, while MSNBC had 1.3M and CNN 573,000. The numbers were a bit tighter in the demo, but Fox still topped second-place MSNBC by more than 100,000 viewers. Among the night’s top five shows, MSNBC did much better with the demo than it did in total viewers: With 429,000 viewers in 25-54, The Rachel Maddow Show was the third-highest-ranked show behind The O’Reilly Factor’s 633,000 and Sean Hannity’s 488,000. Still, if those numbers continue, Maddow won’t beat Hannity in the demo like she did the week of September 17. MSNBC’s The Last Word With Lawrence O’Donnell was fifth last night in the demo with 412,000, just behind The Fox Report’s 418,000. Bill O’Reilly topped all primetime shows in total viewers with 3.2M.
Fox News Reclaims Cable News’ Top Ratings Spot Monday
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update