What was supposed to be a segment on how the U.S. unemployment rate among young people could hurt President Obama‘s support in that demo turned out to be open-mic night for aspiring comedian Max Rice. Appearing as a former Obama supporter-turned-Romney supporter on Fox News Channel‘s Fox & Friends this morning, Rice and co-host Gretchen Carlson combined for an awkward few minutes before Carlson got the hint that he wasn’t who she thought he was. Kudos to her for staying professional and trying to stay on topic, but what was the show booker thinking? “We are still examining the situation, but it will be addressed with the appropriate parties involved”, said Fox News’ EVP Programming Bill Shine. Here’s the exchange:
'Fox & Friends' Duped By Fake Romney Supporter: Video
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'