Bastards, a single-camera comedy from Jason Micallef, writer of the upcoming movie Butter, and Horrible Bosses director Seth Gordon, has sold to Fox. Micallef will pen the project, described as an unconventional family comedy about “a family who has never met.” Gordon is attached to direct. Sony TV, Jamie Tarses’ Fanfare and Underground are producing, with Tarses, Gordon, Micallef and Underground’s Trevor Engelson and Josh McGuire executive producing. This marks Gordon’s return to Fox where he co-created and executive produced the comedy Breaking In, also produced by Sony TV.
Fox Buys 'Bastards' Comedy From 'Butter' Writer, 'Horrible Bosses' Director & Sony TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest TV News
- ‘Real Time’: Bill Maher Pledges Contribution To Activist Labeled “Anti-Muslim Extremist”
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘The Exorcist’: Jason Ensler Joins Fox Drama Series As Executive Producer
- Stephen Colbert Announces Possible White House Run In 2020, On Russian TV
- Steven Williams Joins ‘The Chi’; Alejandro Edda In ‘Cocaine Godmother’
- ‘Downward Dog’ Canceled By ABC After 1 Season, Will Be Shopped To Other Nets