EXCLUSIVE: A sequel to Lifetime’s five-part original movie Five, which told five breast cancer stories, is in the final stages of development at the network, closing in on a green light. Tentatively titled Five 2, the followup will address mental illness, keeping the structure of five short films tied together. Most of the auspices of the original movie are back, led by Friends star Jennifer Aniston and co-creator Marta Kauffman, who return as executive producers, alongside Kristin Hahn, Kevin Chinoy and Francesca Silvestri. Sony Pictures TV, Echo Films and Freestyle Picture Company will produce. In addition to executive producing the first film, Aniston also directed one of the five shorts in it. While not a ratings hit, Five was a project Lifetime brass are proud about. It attracted big stars behind and in front of the camera, including Aniston, Alicia Keys, Demi Moore and Patty Jenkins as directors.
‘Five’ Sequel Produced By Jennifer Aniston & Marta Kauffman Nears Lifetime Greenlight
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adam Levine To Produce Autobiographical 1990s Family Comedy For NBC
- Ted Gold Joins Spike TV As Head Of Scripted Series
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'