EXCLUSIVE: A sequel to Lifetime’s five-part original movie Five, which told five breast cancer stories, is in the final stages of development at the network, closing in on a green light. Tentatively titled Five 2, the followup will address mental illness, keeping the structure of five short films tied together. Most of the auspices of the original movie are back, led by Friends star Jennifer Aniston and co-creator Marta Kauffman, who return as executive producers, alongside Kristin Hahn, Kevin Chinoy and Francesca Silvestri. Sony Pictures TV, Echo Films and Freestyle Picture Company will produce. In addition to executive producing the first film, Aniston also directed one of the five shorts in it. While not a ratings hit, Five was a project Lifetime brass are proud about. It attracted big stars behind and in front of the camera, including Aniston, Alicia Keys, Demi Moore and Patty Jenkins as directors.
‘Five’ Sequel Produced By Jennifer Aniston & Marta Kauffman Nears Lifetime Greenlight
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Barcelona Terrorist Investigation Grows As Police Thwart Second Attack; 14 Dead, 100+ Hurt In Broad Plot - Update
Latest TV News
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month
- Steve Bannon Exits As Donald Trump’s Chief Strategist, Returns To Breitbart As “Populist Hero”
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ VFX Supervisor Brendan Taylor On Dismantling Church With Potent, Invisible Effects
- Univision Chief: CEOs Must Denounce Racism And The “Current Insanity”
- Stephen Colbert Updates Steve Bannon’s Résumé: Skills Include “Dissolving Enemies In Bathtub”
- NBC Nabs Adult Sibling Drama From Kevin Falls With Put Pilot Commitment