EXCLUSIVE: A sequel to Lifetime’s five-part original movie Five, which told five breast cancer stories, is in the final stages of development at the network, closing in on a green light. Tentatively titled Five 2, the followup will address mental illness, keeping the structure of five short films tied together. Most of the auspices of the original movie are back, led by Friends star Jennifer Aniston and co-creator Marta Kauffman, who return as executive producers, alongside Kristin Hahn, Kevin Chinoy and Francesca Silvestri. Sony Pictures TV, Echo Films and Freestyle Picture Company will produce. In addition to executive producing the first film, Aniston also directed one of the five shorts in it. While not a ratings hit, Five was a project Lifetime brass are proud about. It attracted big stars behind and in front of the camera, including Aniston, Alicia Keys, Demi Moore and Patty Jenkins as directors.
‘Five’ Sequel Produced By Jennifer Aniston & Marta Kauffman Nears Lifetime Greenlight
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ To Launch By Early Fall On CBS All Access, Les Moonves Says
- Oscar Ratings Down Double Digits In Demo; 32.9M Viewership Hits 9-Year Low – Update
- Fox News’ Longtime Ad Sales Exec Paul Rittenberg To Leave In April
- Jeremy Piven To Topline ‘Wisdom Of The Crowd’ CBS Drama Pilot
- This Is Not A Joke: ‘La La Land’ Producer Jordan Horowitz Talks Oscars’ “Surreal Moment” On ‘GMA…