EXCLUSIVE: A sequel to Lifetime’s five-part original movie Five, which told five breast cancer stories, is in the final stages of development at the network, closing in on a green light. Tentatively titled Five 2, the followup will address mental illness, keeping the structure of five short films tied together. Most of the auspices of the original movie are back, led by Friends star Jennifer Aniston and co-creator Marta Kauffman, who return as executive producers, alongside Kristin Hahn, Kevin Chinoy and Francesca Silvestri. Sony Pictures TV, Echo Films and Freestyle Picture Company will produce. In addition to executive producing the first film, Aniston also directed one of the five shorts in it. While not a ratings hit, Five was a project Lifetime brass are proud about. It attracted big stars behind and in front of the camera, including Aniston, Alicia Keys, Demi Moore and Patty Jenkins as directors.
‘Five’ Sequel Produced By Jennifer Aniston & Marta Kauffman Nears Lifetime Greenlight
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Jimmy Kimmel Vows To Mine Donald Trump Presidency For Laughs
- More Than 200 Arrested But Protests Don’t Trump Inaugural Festivities
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?