In FearNet’s first off-network series acquisition, the horror-themed cable channel/VOD service/Web portal has picked up classic horror anthology series Tales From The Crypt. The series will launch on the linear channel October 5, with the 93 produced episodes playing in order — beginning with Season 1 and continuing through its seventh, and final, season — in a two-hour block Friday nights from 10 PM-midnight ET/7-9 PM PT. The cable channel will air the version of the episodes that had been edited for a run on basic cable and in syndication. The original, unedited version of the series as it ran on HBO will be available on VOD beginning October 10. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday. “Tales From The Crypt was the first time that horror writers, directors and actors came together in one place to produce a TV series to celebrate the genre,” FearNet president and GM Peter Block said. “Tales had everything — comedy, gore, splatter, slash, thrill and suspense — and it quickly became appointment television.” Tales From The Crypt was exec produced by Joel Silver, Richard Donner, Robert Zemeckis, Walter Hill and David Giler.
FearNet Acquires 'Tales From The Crypt', Sets October 5 Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par With Host Amy Adams
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'