In FearNet’s first off-network series acquisition, the horror-themed cable channel/VOD service/Web portal has picked up classic horror anthology series Tales From The Crypt. The series will launch on the linear channel October 5, with the 93 produced episodes playing in order — beginning with Season 1 and continuing through its seventh, and final, season — in a two-hour block Friday nights from 10 PM-midnight ET/7-9 PM PT. The cable channel will air the version of the episodes that had been edited for a run on basic cable and in syndication. The original, unedited version of the series as it ran on HBO will be available on VOD beginning October 10. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday. “Tales From The Crypt was the first time that horror writers, directors and actors came together in one place to produce a TV series to celebrate the genre,” FearNet president and GM Peter Block said. “Tales had everything — comedy, gore, splatter, slash, thrill and suspense — and it quickly became appointment television.” Tales From The Crypt was exec produced by Joel Silver, Richard Donner, Robert Zemeckis, Walter Hill and David Giler.
FearNet Acquires 'Tales From The Crypt', Sets October 5 Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres