In FearNet’s first off-network series acquisition, the horror-themed cable channel/VOD service/Web portal has picked up classic horror anthology series Tales From The Crypt. The series will launch on the linear channel October 5, with the 93 produced episodes playing in order — beginning with Season 1 and continuing through its seventh, and final, season — in a two-hour block Friday nights from 10 PM-midnight ET/7-9 PM PT. The cable channel will air the version of the episodes that had been edited for a run on basic cable and in syndication. The original, unedited version of the series as it ran on HBO will be available on VOD beginning October 10. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday. “Tales From The Crypt was the first time that horror writers, directors and actors came together in one place to produce a TV series to celebrate the genre,” FearNet president and GM Peter Block said. “Tales had everything — comedy, gore, splatter, slash, thrill and suspense — and it quickly became appointment television.” Tales From The Crypt was exec produced by Joel Silver, Richard Donner, Robert Zemeckis, Walter Hill and David Giler.
FearNet Acquires 'Tales From The Crypt', Sets October 5 Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest TV News
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Fergie Apologizes For NBA All-Star Game National Anthem That “Didn’t Strike The Intended Tone”
- Donald Trump Will Attend This Year’s Gridiron Dinner; Still A “Maybe” On White House Correspondents…
- David Parfitt Accuses Harvey Weinstein Of Assaulting Him On ‘My Week With Marilyn’
- NBA All-Star Game Scores In Ratings For TNT & TBS
- Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed