In FearNet’s first off-network series acquisition, the horror-themed cable channel/VOD service/Web portal has picked up classic horror anthology series Tales From The Crypt. The series will launch on the linear channel October 5, with the 93 produced episodes playing in order — beginning with Season 1 and continuing through its seventh, and final, season — in a two-hour block Friday nights from 10 PM-midnight ET/7-9 PM PT. The cable channel will air the version of the episodes that had been edited for a run on basic cable and in syndication. The original, unedited version of the series as it ran on HBO will be available on VOD beginning October 10. Four episodes will be added to the VOD library every Wednesday. “Tales From The Crypt was the first time that horror writers, directors and actors came together in one place to produce a TV series to celebrate the genre,” FearNet president and GM Peter Block said. “Tales had everything — comedy, gore, splatter, slash, thrill and suspense — and it quickly became appointment television.” Tales From The Crypt was exec produced by Joel Silver, Richard Donner, Robert Zemeckis, Walter Hill and David Giler.
FearNet Acquires 'Tales From The Crypt', Sets October 5 Launch
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- After 1-Day Strike, IATSE Wins Contract With NBC’s ‘Spartan: Ultimate Team Challenge’
- NBC’s Robert Greenblatt On The Importance Of Leaving A Digital Footprint – NAB Show
- ‘Turn: Washington’s Spies’ Gets Season 4 Premiere Date; AMC Unveils Key Art
- TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
- ABC Sets Season Finale Dates
- Seth Meyers & Stephen Colbert Take On Donald Trump’s First 100 Days