Ewan McGregor has been cast alongside Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts in August: Osage County, the movie adaptation of Tracy Letts’ Pulitzer- and Tony-winning play that begins production September 24. The Weinstein Company made the announcement today. McGregor will play Bill Fordham, the estranged husband of Barbara (Roberts) and son-in-law of pill-popping matriarch Violet Weston (Streep). A college professor, he left his wife for one of his students but wants to be there for his family. His marriage is disintegrating and his patience is running thin. McGregor, most recently seen in Beginners and Salmon Fishing In The Yemen, is up next in The Impossible, the Juan Antonio Bayona tsunami movie that just had its premiere at the Toronto Film Festival. He is repped by UTA and Sloane, Offer, Weber & Dern, as well as United Agents in the UK.
Ewan McGregor Joins 'August: Osage County'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Austin Film Festival Unveils First Films In Lineup; Will Premiere Season Finale Of HBO’s ‘The Deuce’
- JD Payne & Patrick McKay Bite Into Fox & 21 Laps’ ‘A People’s History Of The Vampire Uprising…
- Hamptons Film Festival: Andy Serkis’ ‘Breathe’ Among First Pics In Lineup
- Morgan Freeman To Receive SAG Lifetime Achievement Award
- ‘The Hacker Is Watching’ Gets UK-Based Writer Julian Simpson
- Lionsgate Lands ‘Big Five’ Pitch By Jason Pagan & Andrew Deutschman