EXCLUSIVE: Indie producers Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof’s Electric City Entertainment have gone online with Electric City Digital. Launched today, the new division’s first offering is the web-based interview show Becoming, with Captain America’s Chris Evans and Jackass star Johnny Knoxville among others. The 24-episode series asks successful actors, athletes, musicians and others how they got where they are. The first eight episodes went live online today. Patricof and Howell produced Blue Valentine, Half Nelson and The Place Beyond The Pines, which was picked up by Focus Features at the Toronto Film Festival this week, They formed Electric City Entertainment in January. “With platforms such as YouTube, Hulu, and HBO Go, we saw an opportunity to create the same high-level content we have been creating for TV and film, but for the Internet”, Patricof said. “Becoming is a concept we are very excited to produce and the Internet is the perfect home for this type of content”.
Electric City Launches Digital Division With 'Becoming' Web Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- Karen Elliott Named VP Music Production At Warner Bros Pictures
- ‘Radioactive’: Sam Riley & More Board Marie Curie Biopic Led By Rosamund Pike
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- ‘The Domestics’ Special Effects Coordinator Says He Shares Blame in “Wigging” Incident
- Meryl Streep Rips “Pathetic” Harvey Weinstein For Using Her Name In Lawsuit
- Guillermo Del Toro Denies ‘Shape Of Water’ Was Influenced By 1969 Play: “I Never Saw It”