EXCLUSIVE: Indie producers Lynette Howell and Jamie Patricof’s Electric City Entertainment have gone online with Electric City Digital. Launched today, the new division’s first offering is the web-based interview show Becoming, with Captain America’s Chris Evans and Jackass star Johnny Knoxville among others. The 24-episode series asks successful actors, athletes, musicians and others how they got where they are. The first eight episodes went live online today. Patricof and Howell produced Blue Valentine, Half Nelson and The Place Beyond The Pines, which was picked up by Focus Features at the Toronto Film Festival this week, They formed Electric City Entertainment in January. “With platforms such as YouTube, Hulu, and HBO Go, we saw an opportunity to create the same high-level content we have been creating for TV and film, but for the Internet”, Patricof said. “Becoming is a concept we are very excited to produce and the Internet is the perfect home for this type of content”.
Electric City Launches Digital Division With 'Becoming' Web Series
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
TV Upfronts 2017 Schedule: Fewer Agency Parties Amid WGA Strike Fears; CBS Tackles Unexpected Vacancy
Latest Film News
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’
- Will Smith In Talks To Join Ang Lee For ‘Gemini Man’
- Madonna Criticizes Unauthorized Biopic ‘Blonde Ambition’
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’: $100M Offshore Bow In The Mix? – International Box Office Preview
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘3 Generations’ Ratings Dilemma: Cut, Or Risk Losing Access To Teen Audience
- National CineMedia Promotes Lawrence Snapp To Chief Digital Officer