EXCLUSIVE: The newly minted American Idol judge will be coming to E! but she is not going to be doing the full Kardashian. “The plan is to do specials with her, not a whole series,” a source close to the situation told Deadline today. E! will air three Minaj specials later this fall. Some filming has already taken place I’ve learned. The flamboyant singer was named as one of the new judges on Fox’s American Idol earlier this month, along with Keith Urban and the previously announced Mariah Carey. Minaj actually appeared on E! recently in Idol executive producer Nigel Lythgoe’ s new Opening Act show. She gave a spot on her upcoming tour to boy band Gotham Citi. Minaj has a six-week tour starting in late October and an expanded re-release of her Pink Friday album out in November.
E! Planning Nicki Minaj Specials
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Patten
- Sony Hack: 'Interview' Social Media Pulled; Billboards Coming Down In LA
- 'Amazing Race' Ratings Fall In Finale, 'Caught On Camera' Debuts OK As NBC Wins Night
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit