Wrekin Hill plans an early 2013 theatrical release in North America for Drift, which stars Sam Worthington, Myles Pollard, and Xavier Samuel. Inspired by the true story of the formation of such Australian surf lines as Quiksilver and Billabong, the Aussie-set story centers on two brothers who launch a backyard surf gear business but get caught up with a local drug dealer, threatening their family and their future. Morgan O’Neill and Ben Nott directed O’Neill’s screenplay. Tim Duffy, Michele Bennett and Pollard produced the film for World Wide Mind Films. The deal was negotiated by Wrekin Hill president and CEO Chris Ball and Rene Cogan with Gregory Chambet at TF1 and executive producer Peter Lawson on behalf of the producers.
Wrekin Hill Acquires Aussie Surf Drama 'Drift'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Ropes $39M; 'Ninjago' Dulls Sword To $20M+; 'Friend Request' A Loner With $1.8M
Divorce Comedy With Royal Family Twist From Meghan Markle's Ex-Husband Trevor Engelson Set At Fox With Big Commitment
Latest Film News
- Fran Drescher & Peter Bogdanovich Join ‘The Creatress’; Tilda Del Toro Boards ‘Night School’; Jaden Piner Cast In ‘BOO…
- Greta Gerwig’s ‘Lady Bird’ Going A Week Earlier In November
- Rob Morrow Joins War Drama ‘The Kill Team’
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’: Aaron McCusker Cast As Freddie Mercury Boyfriend Jim Hutton
- Elaine Brown’s ‘A Taste Of Power’ About Only Woman To Lead Black Panther Party Acquired By The Firm…
- 'Jane' First Look: Doc On Jane Goodall's Early Work With Chimps Culled From 100 Hours Of Unseen Footage