Wrekin Hill plans an early 2013 theatrical release in North America for Drift, which stars Sam Worthington, Myles Pollard, and Xavier Samuel. Inspired by the true story of the formation of such Australian surf lines as Quiksilver and Billabong, the Aussie-set story centers on two brothers who launch a backyard surf gear business but get caught up with a local drug dealer, threatening their family and their future. Morgan O’Neill and Ben Nott directed O’Neill’s screenplay. Tim Duffy, Michele Bennett and Pollard produced the film for World Wide Mind Films. The deal was negotiated by Wrekin Hill president and CEO Chris Ball and Rene Cogan with Gregory Chambet at TF1 and executive producer Peter Lawson on behalf of the producers.
Wrekin Hill Acquires Aussie Surf Drama 'Drift'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Venice Film Festival: Edgar Wright, Rebecca Hall, John Landis & More Get Jury Duty
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Is Marvel’s Grand Finale At Hall H Presentation – Comic-Con
- Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ Leaves A Big Footprint In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Trailer Stomps Into Hall H With Battling Superheroes – Comic-Con
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Samuel L. Jackson Confirmed As Nick Fury & He’ll Look Different in 1990s-Set Pic…