Wrekin Hill plans an early 2013 theatrical release in North America for Drift, which stars Sam Worthington, Myles Pollard, and Xavier Samuel. Inspired by the true story of the formation of such Australian surf lines as Quiksilver and Billabong, the Aussie-set story centers on two brothers who launch a backyard surf gear business but get caught up with a local drug dealer, threatening their family and their future. Morgan O’Neill and Ben Nott directed O’Neill’s screenplay. Tim Duffy, Michele Bennett and Pollard produced the film for World Wide Mind Films. The deal was negotiated by Wrekin Hill president and CEO Chris Ball and Rene Cogan with Gregory Chambet at TF1 and executive producer Peter Lawson on behalf of the producers.
Wrekin Hill Acquires Aussie Surf Drama 'Drift'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Surprises Are Few But Most Winners Were Highly Deserving And A Nice Way To Bid Adieu To The 70th Cannes Film…
- Cannes: ‘The Square’ Takes Palme D’Or; Sofia Coppola Best Director; Acting Honors For Joaquin Phoenix…
- With ‘Empire’ And ‘Star,’ Lee Daniels Continues To Tell The Untold Stories Of The Marginalized…
- How ‘Pirates’ & ‘Baywatch’ Are Casualties Of Summer Franchise Fatigue At The Domestic B.O.…
- ‘The Fate Of The Furious’ Crosses $1B At Int’l Box Office – UPDATED Sun. AM