While DreamWorks initially flirted with the idea of The Hunger Games hunk Liam Hemsworth for the lead in its video-game adaptation Need For Speed. Now, they favor a discovery, and they are testing young actors Brenton Thwaites, who stars opposite Angelina Jolie and Elle Fanning in the Robert Stromberg-directed Maleficent, and Home And Away‘s Luke Bracey. We’ll let you know how it turns out.
DreamWorks Testing Newcomers For ‘Need For Speed’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Fleming Jr
- Newbie Picture Company On The Case For 'Tracking Of A Russian Spy'
- Hamptons Fest Gets 'St. Vincent' Opener; Now They Pray For St. Bill
- Bryan Cranston In 'The Great Wall' Talks
- Bryan Singer Set To Helm 'X-Men: Apocalypse'
- MGM Buys 55% Of Roma Downey And Mark Burnett's Empire; Relaunches United Artists
- Lava Bear Joins Chinese Pic 'The Bodyguard'