Shirley MacLaine rolled up to Downton Abbey last night to trade barbs with Maggie Smith’s Dowager Countess in the show’s Season 3 UK premiere. ITV1 drew 8.64M viewers to the 90-minute opener. The hugely-anticipated return of the Crawley family had a 34.6% share. It was down about 200K viewers on last year’s Season 2 start, but its lead-in from The X Factor was smaller than in 2011. X Factor won the night, but with 9.33M viewers, its ratings were off 1.9M from last year’s final auditions show, according to Digital Spy. U.S. audiences will have to wait until January to revisit the happenings upstairs and down at Downton, so I won’t give away any spoilers. Trailers have been popping up, however. Below is one of the recent teasers of what’s coming up for Lord Grantham & Co.
'Downton Abbey' Season 3 Debut Pulls In More Than 8.6M UK Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination