Shirley MacLaine rolled up to Downton Abbey last night to trade barbs with Maggie Smith’s Dowager Countess in the show’s Season 3 UK premiere. ITV1 drew 8.64M viewers to the 90-minute opener. The hugely-anticipated return of the Crawley family had a 34.6% share. It was down about 200K viewers on last year’s Season 2 start, but its lead-in from The X Factor was smaller than in 2011. X Factor won the night, but with 9.33M viewers, its ratings were off 1.9M from last year’s final auditions show, according to Digital Spy. U.S. audiences will have to wait until January to revisit the happenings upstairs and down at Downton, so I won’t give away any spoilers. Trailers have been popping up, however. Below is one of the recent teasers of what’s coming up for Lord Grantham & Co.
'Downton Abbey' Season 3 Debut Pulls In More Than 8.6M UK Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Shooting Toward $19M-$20M; 'Logan Lucky' Not So Fortunate With $7M-$8M - Midday Update
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
Latest TV News
- ‘Mr. Robot’ Season 3 Clip: Rami Malek’s Elliot Interrupted At Hacker Tournament
- ‘Real Time’: Former Celeb Apprentice Hopeful Penn Jillette Slams Donald Trump
- Steve Bannon On Exit: “I've Got My Hands Back On My Weapons”
- FX Acquires ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Logan’, ‘Girls Trip’, ‘Despicable Me 3’, ‘War For The Planet of the Apes’…
- ‘Westworld’s Thandie Newton On HBO’s Series Strengths, Season 2 & Freedom — Emmys
- Kim Kardashian To Co-Host ‘Live With Kelly And Ryan’ This Month