Maggie Smith was named best supporting actress in a drama at the Emmys on Sunday, but things weren’t quite so rosy back at Downton Abbey. The second episode of the show’s new third season in the UK was 1M viewers off last season’s equivalent episode. According to overnight figures, an average 8.14M watched Sunday night’s installment, giving the ITV1 show a 30.7% share. It handily beat the competition but also fell about 600K short of its premiere last Sunday that drew 8.64M viewers. Last week it had a softer-than-normal lead-in from The X Factor, and that show was also down this week with 8.86M viewers even though Simon Cowell stopped by for a guest appearance.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Down On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Westworld' Finale Postmortem: EP Jonathan Nolan On Season 2's Samurai World, Missing Characters & Dr. Ford's Fate
'Fantastic Beasts' Bests $600M WW; 'Moana' Mints $180M; 'Doctor Strange' Ices 'Deadpool', 'Iron Man 2' - Intl Box Office
Shake-Up At 'Duck Dynasty' Producer Gurney Productions: Founders Placed On "Temporary Leave Of Absence"
Latest International News
- Veteran UK Producer Andrew Eaton Leaving Revolution Films
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Actor Peter Vaughan Dies At The Age Of 93
- Roman Polanski Cannot Be Extradited To U.S.; Polish Supreme Court’s Final Ruling
- BBC WW Revs ‘Top Gear’ China Deal; Alibaba Invests In Data Analysis – Global Briefs
- ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Bests $600M WW; ‘Moana’ Mints $180M; ‘Doctor Strange’ Ices ‘Deadpool’, ‘Iron Man 2’ – Intl…
- Poland’s Oscar Entry ‘Afterimage’: How Actor Boguslaw Linda Boarded Andrzej Wajda’s Ultimate…