Maggie Smith was named best supporting actress in a drama at the Emmys on Sunday, but things weren’t quite so rosy back at Downton Abbey. The second episode of the show’s new third season in the UK was 1M viewers off last season’s equivalent episode. According to overnight figures, an average 8.14M watched Sunday night’s installment, giving the ITV1 show a 30.7% share. It handily beat the competition but also fell about 600K short of its premiere last Sunday that drew 8.64M viewers. Last week it had a softer-than-normal lead-in from The X Factor, and that show was also down this week with 8.86M viewers even though Simon Cowell stopped by for a guest appearance.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Down On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest International News
- Michael Fassbender In ‘Macbeth': A Pair Of Clips From Cannes
- Un Certain Regard Winners: ‘Rams’, ‘The High Sun’, ‘Treasure’ & More – Cannes
- ‘Son Of Saul’ Wins FIPRESCI; Ecumenical Jury Honors ‘Mia Madre’ – Cannes
- Hot Cannes ‘Circle’ Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In ‘Assassin’s Creed’, New ‘Bourne…
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A