Maggie Smith was named best supporting actress in a drama at the Emmys on Sunday, but things weren’t quite so rosy back at Downton Abbey. The second episode of the show’s new third season in the UK was 1M viewers off last season’s equivalent episode. According to overnight figures, an average 8.14M watched Sunday night’s installment, giving the ITV1 show a 30.7% share. It handily beat the competition but also fell about 600K short of its premiere last Sunday that drew 8.64M viewers. Last week it had a softer-than-normal lead-in from The X Factor, and that show was also down this week with 8.86M viewers even though Simon Cowell stopped by for a guest appearance.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Down On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Latest International News
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims
- ‘Glee’ Actor Matthew Morrison Outraged Over Treatment Of Dog On His Chinese Movie ‘Crazy Alien’
- ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?’ Cheating Scandal Stage Play ‘Quiz’ Being Remade For Television By Left…
- Anna Maxwell Martin, David Wilmot, Vicky McClure & Daniel Mays To Front BBC IRA Bombing Drama