Maggie Smith was named best supporting actress in a drama at the Emmys on Sunday, but things weren’t quite so rosy back at Downton Abbey. The second episode of the show’s new third season in the UK was 1M viewers off last season’s equivalent episode. According to overnight figures, an average 8.14M watched Sunday night’s installment, giving the ITV1 show a 30.7% share. It handily beat the competition but also fell about 600K short of its premiere last Sunday that drew 8.64M viewers. Last week it had a softer-than-normal lead-in from The X Factor, and that show was also down this week with 8.86M viewers even though Simon Cowell stopped by for a guest appearance.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Down On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? - Comic-Con
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Latest International News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Logs Strong 3-Day Cume Of $21.2M After Key Market Rollout – Int’l Box Office
- Deborah Watling Dies: Former ‘Doctor Who’ Assistant Was 69
- Kevin Spacey To Play Gore Vidal In Netflix Biopic
- Amazon Acquires Rowan Joffe’s ‘Tin Star’ With Tim Roth & Christina Hendricks
- Dick Van Dyke To Receive BAFTA’s Britannia Excellence In TV Award
- Mike Downey Named Artistic Director Of Antalya Festival; AMC Networks Int’l Hires Alejandro Kember…