Maggie Smith was named best supporting actress in a drama at the Emmys on Sunday, but things weren’t quite so rosy back at Downton Abbey. The second episode of the show’s new third season in the UK was 1M viewers off last season’s equivalent episode. According to overnight figures, an average 8.14M watched Sunday night’s installment, giving the ITV1 show a 30.7% share. It handily beat the competition but also fell about 600K short of its premiere last Sunday that drew 8.64M viewers. Last week it had a softer-than-normal lead-in from The X Factor, and that show was also down this week with 8.86M viewers even though Simon Cowell stopped by for a guest appearance.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Down On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest International News
- ‘Radioactive’: Sam Riley & More Board Marie Curie Biopic Led By Rosamund Pike
- ‘Taskmaster’ Bumper Order; Pro7 CEO; London LGBTQ+ Film Festival – Global Briefs
- Electric Ray Developing UK Version Of CTV’s ‘The Launch’ After Distribution Deal with Sony…
- China’s Wild New Year: ‘Detective Chinatown 2’ Crosses $300M, Eclipses ‘Monster Hunt 2’; ‘Operation Red…
- ‘The Commuter’ Rides Past $100M At Worldwide Box Office
- With ‘The Breadwinner’ & ‘First They Killed My Father’, Angelina Jolie Casts Light On Children In…