Maggie Smith was named best supporting actress in a drama at the Emmys on Sunday, but things weren’t quite so rosy back at Downton Abbey. The second episode of the show’s new third season in the UK was 1M viewers off last season’s equivalent episode. According to overnight figures, an average 8.14M watched Sunday night’s installment, giving the ITV1 show a 30.7% share. It handily beat the competition but also fell about 600K short of its premiere last Sunday that drew 8.64M viewers. Last week it had a softer-than-normal lead-in from The X Factor, and that show was also down this week with 8.86M viewers even though Simon Cowell stopped by for a guest appearance.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Down On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest International News
- Archery Pictures Rolls With Fiona Cummins’ Hot Book ‘Rattle’
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- 'The Martian' Closing In On $500M Global: How Fox Marketers Brought Ridley Scott’s Cool Science To The Masses
- ‘Spanish Affairs 2’ Is Latest In Euro Culture-Clash Smashes, So Why No Hwd Remakes? – Intl B.O. Postmortem
- Chiwetel Ejiofor To Receive BIFA’s Richard Harris Award
- ‘Mockingjay’ Lands At $144.5M As China & Caution In Europe Squeeze Hwd – Intl B.O. Final