Maggie Smith was named best supporting actress in a drama at the Emmys on Sunday, but things weren’t quite so rosy back at Downton Abbey. The second episode of the show’s new third season in the UK was 1M viewers off last season’s equivalent episode. According to overnight figures, an average 8.14M watched Sunday night’s installment, giving the ITV1 show a 30.7% share. It handily beat the competition but also fell about 600K short of its premiere last Sunday that drew 8.64M viewers. Last week it had a softer-than-normal lead-in from The X Factor, and that show was also down this week with 8.86M viewers even though Simon Cowell stopped by for a guest appearance.
‘Downton Abbey’ Ratings Down On UK’s ITV
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest International News
- Sundance London Announces Lineup; ‘A Ghost Story’ Set To Close Event
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Paradigm, Yucaipa Partner With Big European Music Agency, X-Ray Touring
- EOne, Aquarius Board Aussie Series ‘The Other Guy’; Studiocanal Picks Up ‘American Gods’; Viceland Producing Comedy ‘Brexit Stage…
- Pinewood Group’s Ivan Dunleavy Exiting Chief Executive Role