The GOP had to cancel the first day of its Republican National Convention last month due to the threat of Hurricane Isaac. With it went plans to show a Republican Party-produced video of Donald Trump sitting behind his desk The Apprentice-style and giving the business to a man playing President Obama sitting across from him. The spoof, which included clips of Obama saying things like “the private sector is fine” much to Trump’s chagrin, ends with Trump finally telling the president, “You’re fired”! The GOP eventually asked Clint Eastwood and his empty chair to help out on the final night of the convention, and the rest is history. NBC’s Today has the Trump video:
Donald Trump Fired President Obama In Never-Shown GOP Convention Video
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video
- Graham Norton, 'Modern Family' Lead British Comedy Awards; Sony TV Ad Sales Inks With Jewish Life TV