The GOP had to cancel the first day of its Republican National Convention last month due to the threat of Hurricane Isaac. With it went plans to show a Republican Party-produced video of Donald Trump sitting behind his desk The Apprentice-style and giving the business to a man playing President Obama sitting across from him. The spoof, which included clips of Obama saying things like “the private sector is fine” much to Trump’s chagrin, ends with Trump finally telling the president, “You’re fired”! The GOP eventually asked Clint Eastwood and his empty chair to help out on the final night of the convention, and the rest is history. NBC’s Today has the Trump video:
Donald Trump Fired President Obama In Never-Shown GOP Convention Video
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'
- Universal Nabs Rights To 'Let It Snow' Short Stories Featuring Hot Author John Green
- Angelina Jolie To Direct Elephant Poaching Tale 'Africa' For Skydance
- Amber Heard To Co-Star In 'Magic Mike 2′
- Michael Che Gets 'Daily Show' Farewell En Route to 'SNL's Weekend Update: Video