It doesn’t look like Dish Network is using Charlie Rose, C-SPAN, or Firing Line as models for the program it will air on October 2, the night before the first presidential debate. The satellite company calls its special with Glenn Beck and former New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer The War Of The Words. And it introduced the event at a press conference today by inviting boxing MC Michael Buffer to stand in the middle of a mock ring and to deliver his catchphrase — “Let’s get ready to rumble!” — as he brought out what he called the “heavyweights on the right and the left.” They’ll square off in front of a live audience for the broadcast, which will be offered on Dish’s channel 102 and streamed online at www.facebook.com/DISH. It will promote Dish’s pickup yesterday of Beck’s TheBlaze online video content as well as Current TV, where the Spitzer hosts a weeknight talk show: Viewpoint With Eliot Spitzer. Dish CEO Joseph Clayton says that his company “offers more political programming than anyone else.” TheBlaze is included DISH’s America’s Top 250 package; Current TV is included in America’s Top 200 package. Both also can be purchased a la carte for $5 a month starting later this month.
Dish Network Enlists Glenn Beck And Eliot Spitzer To Debate Political Views
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'Split' Soars To Mid-$30M After Solid $2M Start; 'xXx,' $1.2M, 'Founder,' $105K In Previews As 'Hidden Figures' Stays Strong - Friday - UPDATE
Hollywood Reacts To Trump Inauguration: "Country Is Lost", Tweets Alec Baldwin; Scott Baio Proud To Be "Deplorable"
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest TV News
- ‘Girl Meets World’ Finale: Creator On Topanga’s Choice, New Network Search & Season 4
- Dan Sackheim Joins ‘Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan’ As Director & Executive Producer
- David Lynch Remembers Miguel Ferrer: “We Loved Working With Him”
- Donald Trump Treats Trump International Hotel Guests To First Look At First Family Walking Inaugural Parade Route
- Donald Trump Pays Tribute To Hillary Clinton During Inaugural Day Congressional Lunch
- Kinetic Content Ups Key Development Execs To EVP Roles