The global mark for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises was eclipsed after it played in 557 IMAX theaters worldwide this weekend, its seventh week of release. That’s $65.1M from 332 screens domestically and $37.3M from 225 screens overseas. It’s the second film to pass the milestone, joining Avatar.
'The Dark Knight Rises' Becomes Second Film To Pass $100M On IMAX
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Box Office News
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Faces $18M Lawsuit Over Poorly Performing Pic
- New York’s Famed Lincoln Plaza Art House Theatre Scheduled To Close In January
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Eyeing $202M-$208M Opening After $97M-$100M Friday – Midday Update
- EuropaCorp Posts Half Year Loss Of $83M, Blames ‘Valerian’ B.O. Performance In U.S.
- What ‘Star Wars’? Bill Pullman, Jim Caviezel & Kathy Baker Team For 'The Ballad of Lefty Brown' – Specialty…