The global mark for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises was eclipsed after it played in 557 IMAX theaters worldwide this weekend, its seventh week of release. That’s $65.1M from 332 screens domestically and $37.3M from 225 screens overseas. It’s the second film to pass the milestone, joining Avatar.
'The Dark Knight Rises' Becomes Second Film To Pass $100M On IMAX
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Flying To Decent $56M: But Why Is It Lower Than ‘Into Darkness’?
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Dips Below $60M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Bit By ‘Pets’ — Box Office…
- 'Absolutely Fabulous' Binges On The Big Screen; Mike Birbiglia Tackles Improv: Specialty Preview
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Climbs On Social Media After Moving Comic-Con World Premiere
- ‘The Conjuring 2’ Crosses $300M & Becomes Third-Highest-Grossing Horror Franchise
- Tony Danza Game For ‘White Rabbit Red Rabbit’ Play