The global mark for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises was eclipsed after it played in 557 IMAX theaters worldwide this weekend, its seventh week of release. That’s $65.1M from 332 screens domestically and $37.3M from 225 screens overseas. It’s the second film to pass the milestone, joining Avatar.
'The Dark Knight Rises' Becomes Second Film To Pass $100M On IMAX
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Rose McGowan Reads Hollywood Missive In Surprise 'Letters Live' NYC Appearance; Joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Edie Falco
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- ‘Pope Francis’ Docu Reaches Out As ‘On Chesil Beach’ Seeks Audience Intimacy – Specialty Box…
- ‘Ocean’s 8’ Looking Great On Tracking With Potential $45M Start
- Gloria Steinem Bio-Play By Emily Mann Headed For Off-Broadway Run
- ‘Deadpool 2’ To Kick Up Potential $350M Opening Around The Globe – Box Office Preview
- Broadway’s ‘Frozen’, ‘A Bronx Tale’ Announce North American Tour Plans