The global mark for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises was eclipsed after it played in 557 IMAX theaters worldwide this weekend, its seventh week of release. That’s $65.1M from 332 screens domestically and $37.3M from 225 screens overseas. It’s the second film to pass the milestone, joining Avatar.
'The Dark Knight Rises' Becomes Second Film To Pass $100M On IMAX
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
'SNL' Imagines Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Black Panther’ Keeps Box Office Treasure From ‘Tomb Raider’; ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Sings $17M…
- ‘Black Panther’ Poised For $460M+ Profit; Faith-Based ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Surprises With $15M+
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating ‘Black Panther…
- Screen Gems Adds John Cho-Debra Messing Thriller ‘Searching’ To August Schedule
- Dwayne Johnson Announces Release Date For Rawson Marshall Thurber Reteam ‘Red Notice’
- Peter Bart: ‘Black Panther’s Triumph Sends Studios Scurrying To Find The Next Magic Formula