The global mark for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises was eclipsed after it played in 557 IMAX theaters worldwide this weekend, its seventh week of release. That’s $65.1M from 332 screens domestically and $37.3M from 225 screens overseas. It’s the second film to pass the milestone, joining Avatar.
'The Dark Knight Rises' Becomes Second Film To Pass $100M On IMAX
What's Hot on Deadline
After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway's 'Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812'
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Dunkirk’ Currently Pushing ‘Emoji Movie’ Out Of Top Spot With $28M+ – Late Night Update
- After Protests, Mandy Patinkin Drops Plan To Take Over Lead In Broadway’s ‘Natasha, Pierre & The Great Comet Of 1812…
- Al Gore Tests Box Office Climate With 'An Inconvenient Sequel'; New Pics With Cotillard, Butler & Cera…
- Weinstein Co.’s ‘Leap!’ Move Pushes ‘Polaroid’ To December – Update
- Luc Besson’s ‘Valerian’ Gets China Release Date In Late August
- Tina Fey’s Broadway-Bound ‘Mean Girls’ Sets Cast