The global mark for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures’ The Dark Knight Rises was eclipsed after it played in 557 IMAX theaters worldwide this weekend, its seventh week of release. That’s $65.1M from 332 screens domestically and $37.3M from 225 screens overseas. It’s the second film to pass the milestone, joining Avatar.
'The Dark Knight Rises' Becomes Second Film To Pass $100M On IMAX
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
BAFTA Awards: 'Three Billboards' Wins Best Film, Tops Night With Five Nods - The Complete Winners List
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $59M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred ‘Jurassic World’ & Possibly ‘Last Jedi…
- History Is Already Written: Film Comedies Came Back In 2018
- ‘Black Panther’ Blasts Off With $169M Overseas; $361M WW – International Box Office
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Crossing $900M WW Box Office This Weekend
- ‘Black Panther’ Rises To $82M Through Friday; $150M+ Weekend In Sight – International Box Office
- ‘Unmasked’ Musical Celebrating Andrew Lloyd Webber To Bow In September