Steven W. Kiger has sued Langley Productions, alleging he was wrongfully fired from the Fox reality show because he was over 40 and made too much money. Kiger claims in the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit (read it here) that he was an exemplary employee who had worked for the Cops producer for 22 years. The 57-year-old Kiger says he was fired in the fall of 2010 because Langley “had adopted an illegal policy of ridding itself of older workers in favor of younger workers”. In the suit Kiger refers to an email written by a Langley executive which read: “We look for young guys who are hungry, who will work for less $$”. Kiger was making $95,000 a year plus performance bonuses, according to the lawsuit. Kiger is seeking unspecified damages.
‘Cops’ Producer Sued For Age Discrimination
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners