Steven W. Kiger has sued Langley Productions, alleging he was wrongfully fired from the Fox reality show because he was over 40 and made too much money. Kiger claims in the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit (read it here) that he was an exemplary employee who had worked for the Cops producer for 22 years. The 57-year-old Kiger says he was fired in the fall of 2010 because Langley “had adopted an illegal policy of ridding itself of older workers in favor of younger workers”. In the suit Kiger refers to an email written by a Langley executive which read: “We look for young guys who are hungry, who will work for less $$”. Kiger was making $95,000 a year plus performance bonuses, according to the lawsuit. Kiger is seeking unspecified damages.
‘Cops’ Producer Sued For Age Discrimination
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'