Steven W. Kiger has sued Langley Productions, alleging he was wrongfully fired from the Fox reality show because he was over 40 and made too much money. Kiger claims in the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit (read it here) that he was an exemplary employee who had worked for the Cops producer for 22 years. The 57-year-old Kiger says he was fired in the fall of 2010 because Langley “had adopted an illegal policy of ridding itself of older workers in favor of younger workers”. In the suit Kiger refers to an email written by a Langley executive which read: “We look for young guys who are hungry, who will work for less $$”. Kiger was making $95,000 a year plus performance bonuses, according to the lawsuit. Kiger is seeking unspecified damages.
‘Cops’ Producer Sued For Age Discrimination
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'