Steven W. Kiger has sued Langley Productions, alleging he was wrongfully fired from the Fox reality show because he was over 40 and made too much money. Kiger claims in the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit (read it here) that he was an exemplary employee who had worked for the Cops producer for 22 years. The 57-year-old Kiger says he was fired in the fall of 2010 because Langley “had adopted an illegal policy of ridding itself of older workers in favor of younger workers”. In the suit Kiger refers to an email written by a Langley executive which read: “We look for young guys who are hungry, who will work for less $$”. Kiger was making $95,000 a year plus performance bonuses, according to the lawsuit. Kiger is seeking unspecified damages.
‘Cops’ Producer Sued For Age Discrimination
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Apes NYT Ad To Promote ‘Late Show’ Live Broadcast After Donald Trump Speech
- Derek Hough Cast In NBC’s Kourtney Kang Comedy Pilot
- Donald Trump Takes Credit For Oscars Best Picture Snafu
- Bill Paxton ‘Training Day’ Dedication Planned For New Episode
- JJ Totah Cast In Mindy Kaling’s NBC Comedy Pilot; Josh Kidd Joins CW’s ‘Searchers’
- Kelen Coleman Cast In CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Me, Myself & I’; Roberto Aguire Joins CBS’ Paul Attanasio Drama