Steven W. Kiger has sued Langley Productions, alleging he was wrongfully fired from the Fox reality show because he was over 40 and made too much money. Kiger claims in the Los Angeles Superior Court lawsuit (read it here) that he was an exemplary employee who had worked for the Cops producer for 22 years. The 57-year-old Kiger says he was fired in the fall of 2010 because Langley “had adopted an illegal policy of ridding itself of older workers in favor of younger workers”. In the suit Kiger refers to an email written by a Langley executive which read: “We look for young guys who are hungry, who will work for less $$”. Kiger was making $95,000 a year plus performance bonuses, according to the lawsuit. Kiger is seeking unspecified damages.
‘Cops’ Producer Sued For Age Discrimination
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TruTV’s ‘Impractical Jokers’ Cleared In 85% Of U.S.
- Expectation Hires Kirstie Macdonald; DFI Boards ‘Loving Vincent’; Sky, A+E Extend Deal – Global Briefs
- ‘Philip K. Dick’s Electric Dreams’: Mel Rodriguez & Vera Farmiga Join Sci-Fi Anthology Series
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl