A week and a half after Oscar-winner Clint Eastwood‘s appearance at the Republican National Convention, Mitt Romney finally admitted he enjoyed the spectacle. “I was laughing at Clint Eastwood. Look, to have him get up and speak on my behalf was a great thrill,” Romney said Sunday on NBC’s Meet The Press. A public Romney supporter, Eastwood was the surprise speaker on the final night of the GOP convention. His unconventional and unvetted address, including speaking to an empty chair intended to represent President Obama, has attracted wide criticism. But both Eastwood in an interview late last week and Romney rejected the bad press. “You don’t expect a guy like Clint Eastwood get up and, you know, read some stuff off a teleprompter like a politician”, Romney said Sunday. “You expect him to speak from the heart and that’s exactly what he did.”
Clint Eastwood's RNC Speech “A Great Thrill,” Mitt Romney Says
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Latest Film News
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump