CBS has announced We Will Always Love You: A Grammy Salute To Whitney Houston, a one-hour special dedicated to Houston’s life, artistry and most memorable performances through interviews with and performances by artists paying homage to the six-time Grammy winner. Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Usher are the first performers set for the special, which will tape October 11 at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE and air during the November sweep November 16. It will feature highlights of Houston’s career as well as never-before-seen footage and exclusive interviews, along with artists sharing their memories of her. AEG Ehrlich Ventures is producing, with Ken Ehrlich executive producing and Louis J. Horvitz directing. The show represents a throwback to times when music specials were a staple of sweep programming.
CBS To Do Whitney Houston Music Special
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'