EXCLUSIVE: What if Steve Jobs had built a cancer research center before his death… CBS has put in development an untitled medical drama from Hawaii Five-O executive producer/showrunner Peter Lenkov and feature scribe Jason Dean Hall (Spread). Written by Hall, the drama centers on an iconic tech billionaire who discovers he has terminal cancer and responds by building a hospital and recruiting a team of the world’s best doctors to take on his disease—but he soon comes to learn that his salvation lies in saving others. Lenkov will executive produce, with Hall serving as co-exec producer. CBS TV Studios, where Lenkov is under a three-year overall deal, will produce. Lenkov, who co-wrote CBS/CBS TV Studios’ Hawaii Five-0 reboot with Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, is with CAA and Jeff Finkelstein. Hall, who recently wrote the upcoming Robert Luketic-directed thriller Paranoia, is with CAA, Management 360 and Darren Trattner.
CBS Buys Medical Drama From 'Hawaii Five-0' Showrunner Peter Lenkov
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $242M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Marvel's Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur' Animated Series Produced By Laurence Fishburne In Works At Disney Channels
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA