EXCLUSIVE: What if Steve Jobs had built a cancer research center before his death… CBS has put in development an untitled medical drama from Hawaii Five-O executive producer/showrunner Peter Lenkov and feature scribe Jason Dean Hall (Spread). Written by Hall, the drama centers on an iconic tech billionaire who discovers he has terminal cancer and responds by building a hospital and recruiting a team of the world’s best doctors to take on his disease—but he soon comes to learn that his salvation lies in saving others. Lenkov will executive produce, with Hall serving as co-exec producer. CBS TV Studios, where Lenkov is under a three-year overall deal, will produce. Lenkov, who co-wrote CBS/CBS TV Studios’ Hawaii Five-0 reboot with Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, is with CAA and Jeff Finkelstein. Hall, who recently wrote the upcoming Robert Luketic-directed thriller Paranoia, is with CAA, Management 360 and Darren Trattner.
CBS Buys Medical Drama From 'Hawaii Five-0' Showrunner Peter Lenkov
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ADG Awards: Art Directors To Induct Ken Adam & Tyrus Wong Into Hall Of Fame
- Fox Buys 2 Projects From Lee Daniels: Gospel Choir Drama As Put Pilot & Multi-Racial Soap With Penalty
- James Corden Regrets His Kiss With Sean Spicer; Promises It Was A “One-Time Thing”
- ‘For The People’: Production Temporarily Shut Down On ABC Shondaland Series
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast