EXCLUSIVE: What if Steve Jobs had built a cancer research center before his death… CBS has put in development an untitled medical drama from Hawaii Five-O executive producer/showrunner Peter Lenkov and feature scribe Jason Dean Hall (Spread). Written by Hall, the drama centers on an iconic tech billionaire who discovers he has terminal cancer and responds by building a hospital and recruiting a team of the world’s best doctors to take on his disease—but he soon comes to learn that his salvation lies in saving others. Lenkov will executive produce, with Hall serving as co-exec producer. CBS TV Studios, where Lenkov is under a three-year overall deal, will produce. Lenkov, who co-wrote CBS/CBS TV Studios’ Hawaii Five-0 reboot with Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, is with CAA and Jeff Finkelstein. Hall, who recently wrote the upcoming Robert Luketic-directed thriller Paranoia, is with CAA, Management 360 and Darren Trattner.
CBS Buys Medical Drama From 'Hawaii Five-0' Showrunner Peter Lenkov
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- Beware: How Global One Management's Questionable Practices Entangled Politicians, Child Actors And The Homeless
- Margot Robbie’s LuckyChap Banner Inks First-Look Deal With Warner Bros. TV, Sets Female Wall Street Drama At NBC
- After Merger, SAG-AFTRA Constitution Dropped "Sexual Harassment" As Specific Cause For Expelling Members
- Blair Brown On Uma Thurman, Queen Lear – And The Mystery Of ‘Molly Dodd’
- Rob Lowe Stars In ‘The Bad Seed’ Remake With A Gender Switch Eyed By Lifetime
- Carter Page: Al Franken Gropes Preferable To “Groundless Witch Hunt”