WME will represent Carson Entertainment Group in all areas. CEG controls the licensing rights to The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson, a library of archival footage from Carson’s 30 years as a late night host. WME and CEG are exploring opportunities for the material in television, film, stage and digital platforms. Carson’s nephew and CEG President Jeff Sotzing began an effort three years ago to digitize and catalog the entire Tonight Show library from 1962 to 1992 — over 3,300 hours of footage. Earlier this year, Sotzing and CEG launched a Facebook game and Carnac app with MediaMine, and they recently collaborated with filmmaker Peter Jones on his American Masters documentary King Of Late Night. In his career, Carson interviewed more than 22,000 guests and helped launch the careers of David Letterman, Ellen DeGeneres, Joan Rivers, Garry Shandling, Bette Midler, Jerry Seinfeld, Jay Leno, and others.
WME Signs Carson Entertainment Group
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Scott Pelley Anchors 'CBS Evening News' From Havana - Video
- 'Team America: World Police' Replaces 'The Interview' At Texas Theater
- Michael Roark Joins 'Wild For The Night'; Tina Casciani Cast In 'Bleed For This'
- Hollywood Hits Twitter To Vent Anger About 'The Interview' Being Pulled
- David Muir Asks Obama If He Will Visit Cuba In ABC News Exclusive - Video