British stage director Rufus Norris’ feature debut Broken was the opening-night film at Cannes‘ Critics Week sidebar this year. Film Movement has acquired rights to the drama starring Tim Roth, Cillian Murphy and newcomer Eloise Laurence. It will open it in New York in early 2013 alongside VOD and a limited national rollout. The pic is based on Daniel Clay’s novel about a girl’s abrupt coming-of-age after witnessing a savage beating that strips her of her innocence, and only love can save her. The acquisition was negotiated by Film Movement president Adley Gartenstein and Carole Baraton of Wild Bunch.
Cannes Pic ‘Broken’ Acquired By Film Movement
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'