British stage director Rufus Norris’ feature debut Broken was the opening-night film at Cannes‘ Critics Week sidebar this year. Film Movement has acquired rights to the drama starring Tim Roth, Cillian Murphy and newcomer Eloise Laurence. It will open it in New York in early 2013 alongside VOD and a limited national rollout. The pic is based on Daniel Clay’s novel about a girl’s abrupt coming-of-age after witnessing a savage beating that strips her of her innocence, and only love can save her. The acquisition was negotiated by Film Movement president Adley Gartenstein and Carole Baraton of Wild Bunch.
Cannes Pic ‘Broken’ Acquired By Film Movement
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Film News
- ‘Transformers’ Still Rusty At $63M+; ‘Wonder Woman’ Soars Past $300M – Saturday AM Update
- Mad Max In Barstow? Man Channeling The Action Character Arrested For Illegal Weapons
- Bradley Cooper Films ‘A Star Is Born’ Scene At Glastonbury; Johnny Depp Makes Encore Appearance
- DGA To Elect New President Saturday At Convention
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China – International Box Office
- ‘The Beguiled’ Review: Sofia Coppola’s Female-Driven Civil War Story Ratchets Up The Sexual Tension