British stage director Rufus Norris’ feature debut Broken was the opening-night film at Cannes‘ Critics Week sidebar this year. Film Movement has acquired rights to the drama starring Tim Roth, Cillian Murphy and newcomer Eloise Laurence. It will open it in New York in early 2013 alongside VOD and a limited national rollout. The pic is based on Daniel Clay’s novel about a girl’s abrupt coming-of-age after witnessing a savage beating that strips her of her innocence, and only love can save her. The acquisition was negotiated by Film Movement president Adley Gartenstein and Carole Baraton of Wild Bunch.
Cannes Pic ‘Broken’ Acquired By Film Movement
What's Hot on Deadline
Sarah Silverman Calls Fellow Bernie Sanders Supporters "Ridiculous"; Al Franken Rips Donald Trump At DNC - Update
DNC Gavels In As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Made Convention Chair
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Latest Film News
- Festival Fever Begins: Will ‘Magnificent Seven’ Saddle Up As Toronto Opener?
- ‘Indignation’ Review: Ex-Focus Boss James Schamus’ Directorial Debut Is Exceptional
- Disney Unveils ‘Moana’ Details After Tease At Comic-Con
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation