British stage director Rufus Norris’ feature debut Broken was the opening-night film at Cannes‘ Critics Week sidebar this year. Film Movement has acquired rights to the drama starring Tim Roth, Cillian Murphy and newcomer Eloise Laurence. It will open it in New York in early 2013 alongside VOD and a limited national rollout. The pic is based on Daniel Clay’s novel about a girl’s abrupt coming-of-age after witnessing a savage beating that strips her of her innocence, and only love can save her. The acquisition was negotiated by Film Movement president Adley Gartenstein and Carole Baraton of Wild Bunch.
Cannes Pic ‘Broken’ Acquired By Film Movement
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza
- SoftBank Eyes Stake In Legendary Pictures As DreamWorks Animation Talks Cool
- 'Inherent Vice' Trailer: Joaquin Phoenix Stars In Paul Thomas Anderson's Latest
- Naomi Campbell To Recur On Fox's 'Empire'; Tina Casciani Joins CW's 'Jane The Virgin'
- Fox Searchlight Promotes Ray Strache To SVP Acquisitions & Co-Productions