British stage director Rufus Norris’ feature debut Broken was the opening-night film at Cannes‘ Critics Week sidebar this year. Film Movement has acquired rights to the drama starring Tim Roth, Cillian Murphy and newcomer Eloise Laurence. It will open it in New York in early 2013 alongside VOD and a limited national rollout. The pic is based on Daniel Clay’s novel about a girl’s abrupt coming-of-age after witnessing a savage beating that strips her of her innocence, and only love can save her. The acquisition was negotiated by Film Movement president Adley Gartenstein and Carole Baraton of Wild Bunch.
Cannes Pic ‘Broken’ Acquired By Film Movement
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'