EXCLUSIVE: Jason Clarke has signed with CAA, just as he completes talks to play the male lead role of Abraham Lincoln’s stern father in the Terrence Malick-produced and A.J. Edwards-directed The Green Blade Rises. The fast-rising Australian actor has a slew of big roles coming up. He just appeared in Lawless, and he next stars in the Kathryn Bigelow-directed hunt-for-bin Laden film Zero Dark Thirty, which Sony releases in December. He also completed production of the Baz Luhrmann-directed The Great Gatsby (in the role of gas station owner George Wilson, originated by The Walking Dead‘s Scott Wilson). Clarke is currently in production on White House Down. He had been at UTA.
CAA Signs Jason Clarke
What's Hot on Deadline
Robert Redford Sanguine About Donald Trump But "Depressed" About Partisan Politics At Sundance Opening Presser
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
At Pre-Inaugural Concert, Donald Trump Promises "We Will Turn It Around"; His Nemesis Wayne Barrett Has Died
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Paramount Gets China Infusion: $1 Billion, 3-Year Slate Co-Financing Deal With Shanghai Film Group & Huahua Media
Latest Film News
- Jim G In Play: Legendary, Sony, Warner Bros.?
- Al Gore Stays Mute On Donald Trump At ‘Inconvenient Sequel’ Sundance Screening
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Weekend Premiere And Press Junket Cancelled Amid Video Controversy
- ‘American Paradise’ Trailer: Sundance Short Is Crime Caper Preview Of Trump’s America
- ‘A Dog’s Purpose’ Trailer Voice-Over Talent Anthony Mendez Joins Protest, Donates All Pay to ASPCA
- ‘Fun Mom Dinner’ Racks Up Near $5M In WW Deals As Momentum & Netflix Buy Sundance Film