Brillstein Entertainment Partners has brought in Jake Labow as a manager. The Toronto native, 29, who will move to Los Angeles, comes from Canadian entertainment conglomerate Bell Media where he most recently served as a production executive in comedy, overseeing development and production across all Bell Media networks including flagship CTV and The Comedy Network, Canada’s first 24-hour comedy-focused net. His recent credits include CTV’s highly-rated special A Russell Peters Christmas and The Comedy Network’s sketch comedy series Picnicface. Before joining Bell Media, Jake was president of Jake Labow Prods., which specialized in comedy productions and management. He has produced the Canadian Comedy Awards, An evening with Stephen Sondheim, among other projects. “Labow’s extensive knowledge of the comedy world and hands-on production experience will be great resources for all of us at Brillstein,” said Brillstein CEO Jon Liebman.
Brillstein Entertainment Partners Taps Young Canadian Comedy Exec As Manager
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over