Brillstein Entertainment Partners has brought in Jake Labow as a manager. The Toronto native, 29, who will move to Los Angeles, comes from Canadian entertainment conglomerate Bell Media where he most recently served as a production executive in comedy, overseeing development and production across all Bell Media networks including flagship CTV and The Comedy Network, Canada’s first 24-hour comedy-focused net. His recent credits include CTV’s highly-rated special A Russell Peters Christmas and The Comedy Network’s sketch comedy series Picnicface. Before joining Bell Media, Jake was president of Jake Labow Prods., which specialized in comedy productions and management. He has produced the Canadian Comedy Awards, An evening with Stephen Sondheim, among other projects. “Labow’s extensive knowledge of the comedy world and hands-on production experience will be great resources for all of us at Brillstein,” said Brillstein CEO Jon Liebman.
Brillstein Entertainment Partners Taps Young Canadian Comedy Exec As Manager
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Continues Blockbuster’s Fatal Year-End Tradition
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood