Brillstein Entertainment Partners has brought in Jake Labow as a manager. The Toronto native, 29, who will move to Los Angeles, comes from Canadian entertainment conglomerate Bell Media where he most recently served as a production executive in comedy, overseeing development and production across all Bell Media networks including flagship CTV and The Comedy Network, Canada’s first 24-hour comedy-focused net. His recent credits include CTV’s highly-rated special A Russell Peters Christmas and The Comedy Network’s sketch comedy series Picnicface. Before joining Bell Media, Jake was president of Jake Labow Prods., which specialized in comedy productions and management. He has produced the Canadian Comedy Awards, An evening with Stephen Sondheim, among other projects. “Labow’s extensive knowledge of the comedy world and hands-on production experience will be great resources for all of us at Brillstein,” said Brillstein CEO Jon Liebman.
Brillstein Entertainment Partners Taps Young Canadian Comedy Exec As Manager
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two