TLC’s new reality show Breaking Amish is not quite what it appears to be, and now the network is admitting it. “There is a lot of information floating around about the group featured on Breaking Amish. Much of it is not true, but some of it is — and is addressed in upcoming episodes,” TLC said today. The show, which chronicles five adults ages 20-32 as they leave behind their isolated community for electricity, jeans and New York City, premiered to 3.1 million viewers September 9, making it the highest-rated debut in two years for the network in total viewers and in the 25-54 demo. But according to a 2011 photo posted online, two of the show’s stars have not only been to a big city before, they’ve also worn modern clothes before, were a couple before the show began and seem to have a baby. Claims of staging and other sleights of hand have long been common in the TV reality world, but the photo brings up just one of a number of questions surrounding the authenticity of the series, which producer Hot Snakes Media has claimed provides a “first time” look at its cast’s experience with modern life. Stay tuned.
TLC Admits 'Breaking Amish' Bends Truth
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Black Panther' Keeps Box Office Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; 'I Can Only Imagine' Sings $17M High Note
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Rise With Host Bill Hader
- ‘SNL’ Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By “Canada’s Harvey Weinstein,” Trots Out Impressions In ‘Jurassic…
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded