The TV channel that targets black audiences celebrated its first anniversary today by disclosing the agreement — along with other pacts designed to boost its appeal to viewers and advertisers. The arrangement with Lionsgate will enable Bounce TV to air movies including Halle Berry’s Monster’s Ball, Cuba Gooding, Jr.’s Boat Trip and Murder Of Crows, and Terrence Howard and Bernie Mac’s Pride. The agreement leaves Bounce missing just DreamWorks Animation. It already licenses films from Disney, Fox, Paramount, Miramax, MGM, Universal, Sony, and Warner Bros. The deal comes as Bounce says that, beginning today, it’s being carried as a digital sub channel on ABC’s Detroit affiliate, WXYZ. Next month it will be introduced as a sub channel on MyNetworkTV stations in Phoenix, Minneapolis, and Orlando. The network, whose founders include Martin Luther King III and Ambassador Andrew Young, says it expects Nielsen to begin compiling ratings data about it in Q4. General Motors and Chrysler are about to become sponsors, joining Toyota and Nissan which have renewed their first year agreements. Bounce says that it’s available to 80% of black homes and 60% of all U.S. households.
Bounce TV To License Lionsgate Movies; Says Nielsen Ratings Coming Soon
What's Hot on Deadline
'Deadpool' Smacking Christian Grey's February Records With $47.5M+ Friday, Amazing $129M-$136M 4-day
Latest Business News
- Bill Cosby Fights Again To Stop Sexual Assault Case Moving Forward
- Will Hollywood’s Flood Of Franchises Beat ‘Star Wars’-Fueled 2015 Toy Sales?
- Will Smith & Alan Horn Join Obama & Katzenberg For Private L.A. Dinner – Update
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Hot Berlin Titles: What Buyers Are Buzzing About At The EFM
- Obamageddon Is In Effect As POTUS Arrives In L.A. For ‘Ellen’ & Fundraisers – Update