Davis joined the British Film Institute in April last year as senior executive of international for the Film Fund. In an expanded role, she’ll become head of international, leading the org’s ambitions for UK film abroad. New duties will include oversight of all international activity at the BFI including inward investment, film export, policy and strategy. She will remain on the Film Fund’s editorial team, tracking talent and projects and will continue to represent the UK’s co-producing interests. The Fund currently has a budget of £18M which will jump to £24M by 2017. Since April last year, it’s invested in such films as Mike Newell’s Great Expectations, Neil Jordan’s Byzantium and Martin McDonagh’s Seven Psychopaths, all of which just debuted in Toronto. International investment from films made in the UK in 2011 was just over £1B while British films earned $5.6B at the global box office. Back in January, Prime Minister David Cameron called on the BFI to “incentivize UK producers to chase new markets both here and overseas” as the industry seeks to keep momentum going in the wake of the Harry Potter series’ end.
BFI's Isabel Davis Given Expanded Role As Head Of International
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners