Davis joined the British Film Institute in April last year as senior executive of international for the Film Fund. In an expanded role, she’ll become head of international, leading the org’s ambitions for UK film abroad. New duties will include oversight of all international activity at the BFI including inward investment, film export, policy and strategy. She will remain on the Film Fund’s editorial team, tracking talent and projects and will continue to represent the UK’s co-producing interests. The Fund currently has a budget of £18M which will jump to £24M by 2017. Since April last year, it’s invested in such films as Mike Newell’s Great Expectations, Neil Jordan’s Byzantium and Martin McDonagh’s Seven Psychopaths, all of which just debuted in Toronto. International investment from films made in the UK in 2011 was just over £1B while British films earned $5.6B at the global box office. Back in January, Prime Minister David Cameron called on the BFI to “incentivize UK producers to chase new markets both here and overseas” as the industry seeks to keep momentum going in the wake of the Harry Potter series’ end.
BFI's Isabel Davis Given Expanded Role As Head Of International
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland