Davis joined the British Film Institute in April last year as senior executive of international for the Film Fund. In an expanded role, she’ll become head of international, leading the org’s ambitions for UK film abroad. New duties will include oversight of all international activity at the BFI including inward investment, film export, policy and strategy. She will remain on the Film Fund’s editorial team, tracking talent and projects and will continue to represent the UK’s co-producing interests. The Fund currently has a budget of £18M which will jump to £24M by 2017. Since April last year, it’s invested in such films as Mike Newell’s Great Expectations, Neil Jordan’s Byzantium and Martin McDonagh’s Seven Psychopaths, all of which just debuted in Toronto. International investment from films made in the UK in 2011 was just over £1B while British films earned $5.6B at the global box office. Back in January, Prime Minister David Cameron called on the BFI to “incentivize UK producers to chase new markets both here and overseas” as the industry seeks to keep momentum going in the wake of the Harry Potter series’ end.
BFI's Isabel Davis Given Expanded Role As Head Of International
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Dog's Purpose' Producer "Horrified" Seeing Video Of Dog Almost Drowning On Set; PETA Calls For Boycott Of Film
'A Dog's Purpose' Director Lasse Hallstrom & Voice Actor Josh Gad Upset Over "Disturbing" Video Of Terrified Dog
Steve Mnuchin Says He Has Not Been Questioned By FBI About Relativity; Accused Of Tax Tricks With 'Avatar' At Confirmation Hearing - Update
Latest Film News
- Sundance 2017: $6 Mill Grateful Dead Docu Deal? Will Streaming Services Drive Deal Avalanche?
- ‘Kuso’ Trailer: George Clinton-Starring Sundance Pic Gets Weird & Funky
- Chris Columbus’ 1492 Sues Investor Ocean Blue For Fraud Over Lack Of Payments
- ‘An Inconvenient Sequel’ Gets Midsummer Release From Paramount
- ‘The Last Word’ Sundance Clip: Shirley MacLaine Schools Amanda Seyfried On ABCs Of Obituaries
- Ben Mendelsohn, Edie Falco & Thomas Mann Head To Nicole Holofcener’s ‘The Land Of Steady Habits’ For Netflix…