Hollywood promotional stunts can be clever. But every so often they backfire. Like this moronic one from BET whose promotional package caused two CBS-owned Los Angeles radio stations to temporarily suspend live local broadcasting. It necessitated the evacuation of their 27-story Miracle Mile office tower containing other media outlets as well as a stretch of Wilshire Blvd. Staff at news stations KNX and KFWB understandably freaked when a beeping package arrived and called the bomb squad. The package wound up containing clocks promoting BET’s upcoming late night talker Don’t Sleep with TJ Holmes. Hope the production reimburses LA emergency crews.
BET Promotional Stunt Prompts Bomb Scare
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Connie Britton Exits In Plot Twist, Reflects On Her 4.5 Seasons
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?