Hollywood promotional stunts can be clever. But every so often they backfire. Like this moronic one from BET whose promotional package caused two CBS-owned Los Angeles radio stations to temporarily suspend live local broadcasting. It necessitated the evacuation of their 27-story Miracle Mile office tower containing other media outlets as well as a stretch of Wilshire Blvd. Staff at news stations KNX and KFWB understandably freaked when a beeping package arrived and called the bomb squad. The package wound up containing clocks promoting BET’s upcoming late night talker Don’t Sleep with TJ Holmes. Hope the production reimburses LA emergency crews.
BET Promotional Stunt Prompts Bomb Scare
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating