Hollywood promotional stunts can be clever. But every so often they backfire. Like this moronic one from BET whose promotional package caused two CBS-owned Los Angeles radio stations to temporarily suspend live local broadcasting. It necessitated the evacuation of their 27-story Miracle Mile office tower containing other media outlets as well as a stretch of Wilshire Blvd. Staff at news stations KNX and KFWB understandably freaked when a beeping package arrived and called the bomb squad. The package wound up containing clocks promoting BET’s upcoming late night talker Don’t Sleep with TJ Holmes. Hope the production reimburses LA emergency crews.
BET Promotional Stunt Prompts Bomb Scare
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring