Hollywood promotional stunts can be clever. But every so often they backfire. Like this moronic one from BET whose promotional package caused two CBS-owned Los Angeles radio stations to temporarily suspend live local broadcasting. It necessitated the evacuation of their 27-story Miracle Mile office tower containing other media outlets as well as a stretch of Wilshire Blvd. Staff at news stations KNX and KFWB understandably freaked when a beeping package arrived and called the bomb squad. The package wound up containing clocks promoting BET’s upcoming late night talker Don’t Sleep with TJ Holmes. Hope the production reimburses LA emergency crews.
BET Promotional Stunt Prompts Bomb Scare
What's Hot on Deadline
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Nears Season 2 Renewal At Netflix
- ‘The Simpsons’ Looks At Donald Trump’s First 100 Days In Office
- Dish Network & Hearst TV End Blackout With New Deal
- ‘Singularity’: Amanda Lund To Star In FX Comedy Pilot
- ESPN Layoffs: Jayson Stark & Trent Dilfer Among Several Big Names Let Go By Sports Giant – Update
- ‘Downton Abbey’ Global Exhibition Set To Kick Off In June