It was a very good Labor Day weekend for BBC America. The September 1 season premiere of Doctor Who and the broadcast of the third episode of the new historical police drama Copper delivered the network its highest rated weekend ever. The return of the eccentric Time Lord brought BBC America its highest-rated, most-watched telecast ever in Live + Same Day. Number one on cable in its 9 PM EDT Saturday time slot, Doctor Who pulled in 1.555 million viewers, with 723,000 among Adults 25-54. The Cineflix-produced Copper, which debuted on August 19 with 1,805,000 viewers, has become BBC America’s highest rated drama ever, with more than a million viewers a week.
BBC America Hits New Highs With 'Doctor Who' Premiere & 'Copper'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
'American Horror Story' At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson's Supreme 'Coven' Character Returning In Season 7?
Family-Branded Films On Fire: 'Beauty And The Beast' Headed To $90M+; 'Power Rangers' Mighty With $40M+
'Westworld' Team On The Series' Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution - PaleyFest
Latest TV News
- ‘American Horror Story’ At Paley Fest: Is Sarah Paulson’s Supreme ‘Coven’ Character Returning In…
- Sean Hannity Defends Himself After Ted Koppel Says “He's Bad For America” On 'CBS Sunday Morning'
- ‘Scandal’ Cast Tease 100th Episode & Characters’ Fates At Emotional Panel – PaleyFest
- CNN Hires “Silly, Craven” Conservatives, Podcaster Jon Lovett Says…On CNN
- The President Trumpets Jeanine Pirro: Is Paul Ryan Just Collateral Damage?
- ‘Westworld’ Team On The Series’ Super-Engaged Fan Base, Music Hints & Being Part Of The Solution…