I tipped this as one of the hot titles of this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The Dante Ariola-directed comedic love story is being sold by CAA and UTA and premieres here Monday. Colin Firth and Emily Blunt star in the story of a depressed divorced dad who fakes his death and adopts a new identity, then meets a troubled woman who spurs him on to new heights during a cross-country road trip. Becky Johnston wrote the script. Here’s an exclusive clip:
Hot Toronto Clip: 'Arthur Newman'
What's Hot on Deadline
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’ Goes Wild: At $242M+ Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats ‘Last Jedi’
- George & Amal Clooney Donate $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Will Others In Hollywood Follow?
- Vivendi Restructure Brings Together Film & TV Divisions Studiocanal & Canal Plus
- Galway Film Festival Hires William Fitzgerald As Programmer
- Joaquin Phoenix Discovers Another Side To Film Festivals At Berlin
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster