EXCLUSIVE: Annie Potts is set to star opposite Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore in the USA Network comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he dies from a heart attack he suffers during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Potts will play the brothers’ ball-busting, overbearing mother who hates Jonathan’s wife (Leslie Grossman) and keeps meddling in her sons’ lives. It has been a busy last couple of days for Potts, who also booked a recurring role on the new NBC comedy series Animal Practice where she also plays the mother of the lead who is a doctor, veterinarian Dr. George Coleman (Justin Kirk). The Designing Women alumna also was offered a plum guest turn on NBC’s 1600 Penn, but the dates could not be worked out with Paging Dr. Freed and Animal Practice. Potts, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, co-starred on ABC’s GCB this past season.
Annie Potts To Star In USA Network Comedy Pilot 'Paging Dr. Freed'
What's Hot on Deadline
Veep Candidate Tim Kaine Dispatches Donald Trump Over Hillary 'Bigot' Remarks On Stephen Colbert's 'Late Show' – Update
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Ex-'Top Gear' Producer On "Perfect Storm" At BBC & Jeremy Clarkson's New Amazon Series - Edinburgh Video
Latest TV News
- Britney Spears Debuts On Carpool Karaoke, Talks Men, Marriage, More Kids
- Veep Candidate Tim Kaine Dispatches Donald Trump Over Hillary ‘Bigot’ Remarks On Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show…
- Donald Trump Talks “Tunnel Technology” And Hillary Clinton As “Bigot” In Interview With…
- Marvin Kaplan Dies: ‘Alice’ & ‘Top Cat’ Actor Was 89
- Fox Director Fellows Chosen For Comedy & Drama Apprenticeship Programs
- Revolt CEO Keith T. Clinkscales Departs