EXCLUSIVE: Annie Potts is set to star opposite Kyle Howard and Joel David Moore in the USA Network comedy pilot Paging Dr. Freed. Written by Michael Feldman and to be directed by Marc Buckland, the single-camera comedy centers on gynecologist brothers David (Howard) and Jonathan (Moore) who inherit their father’s thriving medical practice after he dies from a heart attack he suffers during an attempt at “playing” doctor with his young secretary. Potts will play the brothers’ ball-busting, overbearing mother who hates Jonathan’s wife (Leslie Grossman) and keeps meddling in her sons’ lives. It has been a busy last couple of days for Potts, who also booked a recurring role on the new NBC comedy series Animal Practice where she also plays the mother of the lead who is a doctor, veterinarian Dr. George Coleman (Justin Kirk). The Designing Women alumna also was offered a plum guest turn on NBC’s 1600 Penn, but the dates could not be worked out with Paging Dr. Freed and Animal Practice. Potts, repped by Innovative and manager Craig Dorfman, co-starred on ABC’s GCB this past season.
Annie Potts To Star In USA Network Comedy Pilot 'Paging Dr. Freed'
What's Hot on Deadline
Mark Ruffalo To Star In HBO Limited Drama Series In Works From Derek Cianfrance Based On Wally Lamb Book
Latest TV News
- Showtime Nabs 'Your Honor' Legal Drama From Peter Moffat, Robert & Michelle King and CBS Studios With Series Commitment
- Tribune Shareholders OK Sinclair Deal Amid Stopped Clock
- ‘Casual’ Renewed By Hulu For Fourth & Final Season
- SAG-AFTRA OKs Waiver For Commercial Digital Low Budget Work
- Fox Snags Danny Strong’s ‘Operation Nexus’ NYPD Thriller As Put Pilot
- Steve Buscemi To Replace Owen Wilson In TBS Anthology Series ‘Miracle Workers’