EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jack Reacher 2' Arm-Wrestling 'Madea' For No. 1; Audiences Aren't 'Keeping Up With The Joneses' - Midday Update
Leonardo DiCaprio To Play Music Pioneer Sam Phillips; Launched Elvis, Howlin' Wolf, Johnny Cash & Jerry Lee Lewis
Cyber Attack Was 'Malicious,' Homeland Security Monitoring As Twitter, Netflix Come Back Online - Updated
Latest TV News
- Netflix Emma Stone-Jonah Hill Series ‘Maniac’ From Cary Fukunaga Finds Writer
- ‘Bonus Family’ Comedy Based On Swedish Format Set At NBC From Mandeville TV
- ABC Buys Female Ensemble Comedy From ‘Faking It’ Creators
- Ellen Wong Joins Netflix’s ‘G.L.O.W.; ‘She’s Gotta Have It’ Adds Sydney Morton
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur