EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest TV News
- ‘Supernatural’: Mark Sheppard Won’t Return As Regular In Season 13
- ‘American Horror Story’: Ryan Murphy Teases Billie Lourd’s Role In Season 7
- ‘Shots Fired’ Creators & Sanaa Lathan On How The Ferguson Riots Led To Fox Series – The Contenders Emmys…
- ‘Queen Sugar’: Sharon Lawrence, Alimi Ballard, Margot Bingham Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night’ Guests Unveiled
- ‘Party Boat’: Brett Davern, Katie Leclerc To Star In Crackle Original Movie