EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest TV News
- Samantha Bee’s ‘Full Frontal’ With Turtle-Chomping Alligator Debuts On TBS – Review
- Samantha Bee Trashes White House Race In ‘Full Frontal’ Debut
- Citing Health Condition, Lena Dunham To Sit Out ‘Girls’ Season 5 Press
- Matt LeBlanc To Star In Jeff & Jackie Filgo CBS Comedy Pilot, James Burrows To Direct
- ‘Angel From Hell’ Pulled From CBS’ Schedule, To Be Replaced By ‘2 Broke Girls’
- CBS Orders Small-Town Family Comedy Pilot From Stephnie Weir & Greg Garcia