EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Rome Film Festival Reveals First 5 English-Language Titles; Soda Pictures Bringing 'Phoenix' To UK; More
- 'Help! I Can't Cook' Serves Up Record Debut In Israel; Is Keshet In The Sweet Spot Again?
- China: Understanding & Respect Key To Massive Market, But Does Anybody Know Anything?
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC's Hugh Bonneville Starrer 'W1A' Back For Season 2; Denmark's TDC Group Paying $2.15B For Norwegian…
- Intl Box Office Final: No. 1 Bragging Rights In China Too Close To Call As 'Storm,' 'Expendables 3′ And 'Apes' Fight It Out
- Patrice Théroux Exiting eOne; Steve Bertram Named President Global Film Group