EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
What's Hot on Deadline
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset