EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest TV News
- TV Writer Survey Circulates In An Effort To Achieve Salary Parity
- 'God Friended Me' Light Procedural From 'Alcatraz' Co-Creators, Berlanti Prods. & Marcos Siega Gets CBS Pilot Order
- SAG Awards Draws 2.7M In TBS-TNT Simulcast
- ‘The Perfectionists’: ‘PLL’ EP Charlie Craig Joins Spinoff Pilot As Co-Showrunner
- ‘The Rookie’: Liz Friedlander To Direct First Episode Of ABC Drama Series
- 'Get Christie Love' Reboot Starring Kylie Bunbury From Courtney Kemp & Vin Diesel Gets Official ABC Pilot Order