EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $216M-$220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Latest TV News
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report
- ‘Exorcist’ Finale Ratings Steady, ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Dips On Slow Friday
- Rupert Murdoch Feels Heat About His Fox News Sexual Misconduct Claims