EXCLUSIVE: British actress Annabelle Wallis is headed home to UK television to star opposite Cillian Murphy in the six-part BBC Two drama series Peaky Blinders. Created by Eastern Promises scribe Steven Knight, an Oscar-nominee for Stephen Frears’ Dirty Pretty Things, the series is set in 1919 Birmingham where a ruthless family of gangsters, led by Murphy’s character Tommy, rules the lawless post-war slums. Wallis, whose credits include X-Men: First Class and W.E. along with TV programs The Tudors and Pan Am, will play a mysterious new arrival in the neighborhood who peaks Tommy’s interest. The Tiger Aspect/Caryn Mandabach Productions crime saga is produced by Katie Swinden, with Otto Bathurst directing. Writers include Knight, David Leland, Stephen Russell and Toby Finlay. Principal photography has just gotten underway in Birmingham and Leeds. Peaky Blinders is expected to air in 2013 in the UK. Wallis is repped by ICM Partners, United Agents and Untitled Entertainment.
Annabelle Wallis Joins Cillian Murphy In BBC Two Drama 'Peaky Blinders'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Fox Buys ‘Basket Case’ Crime Drama From Jeff Eastin & Jason Winer Based On Book
- Judge: LMNO Should Turn Over ‘7 Little Johnstons’ To Discovery
- ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Host Arnold Schwarzenegger Defends Donald Trump’s Involvement
- Dolly Parton Joins Pentatonix For NBC Holiday Special
- Rudolph Giuliani Will Not Be Part Of Trump Administration
- ABC Buys ‘Down In The Valley’ Crime Drama From David Posamentier & Geoff Moore