News Corp. director Andrew Knight has been named chairman of Times Newspapers Holdings Ltd, the UK subsidiary that publishes The Times and The Sunday Times. Rupert Murdoch is stepping down as chairman of Times Newspapers as part of the proposed split of News Corp. into two distinct companies. Knight, who was once chairman of News Corp.’s UK press subsidiary, News International, has sat on the News Corp. board since 1991. He was also chairman of the Compensation Committee and a member of the Audit Committee of the board. He’ll officially resign from the board at the company’s annual meeting on Oct. 16. Murdoch said of Knight: “His experience and insight as a journalist and as an executive will be a huge asset to The Times and The Sunday Times as they face the challenges and seize the opportunities of the future.” Apart from running News International from 1990-1994, Knight’s journalism credits include serving as CEO and editor-in-chief of the Daily Telegraph and as editor of The Economist.
Andrew Knight To Replace Rupert Murdoch As Times Newspapers Chairman
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest International News
- California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump “Spinning Out Of Control”, Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- British Presenter Billie JD Porter Slams Vice Media’s Response To Sexual Harassment Claims
- ‘Glee’ Actor Matthew Morrison Outraged Over Treatment Of Dog On His Chinese Movie ‘Crazy Alien’
- ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?’ Cheating Scandal Stage Play ‘Quiz’ Being Remade For Television By Left…
- Anna Maxwell Martin, David Wilmot, Vicky McClure & Daniel Mays To Front BBC IRA Bombing Drama