According to industry insiders, Fox appears to have settled on a quartet of judges for the upcoming 12th season of American Idol with not a moment to spare as taped auditions are eyed to begin as early as next week. Joining confirmed new judge Mariah Carey will be Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and possibly Enrique Iglesias, who just wrapped his tour with departing Idol judge Jennifer Lopez and is negotiating with Fox. Information on their salaries is conflicting, but Carey’s is believed to be in the $15 million-$17 million range, Minaj’s and Iglesias’ in the $10 million-$12 million range, and Urban is rumored to be earning about $3 million-$5 million. Don’t forger host Ryan Seacrest, who also is pulling a cool $15 million a season. The role of original American Idol judge Randy Jackson remains unclear.
‘American Idol’ Judging Panel Takes Shape
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating