According to industry insiders, Fox appears to have settled on a quartet of judges for the upcoming 12th season of American Idol with not a moment to spare as taped auditions are eyed to begin as early as next week. Joining confirmed new judge Mariah Carey will be Nicki Minaj, Keith Urban and possibly Enrique Iglesias, who just wrapped his tour with departing Idol judge Jennifer Lopez and is negotiating with Fox. Information on their salaries is conflicting, but Carey’s is believed to be in the $15 million-$17 million range, Minaj’s and Iglesias’ in the $10 million-$12 million range, and Urban is rumored to be earning about $3 million-$5 million. Don’t forger host Ryan Seacrest, who also is pulling a cool $15 million a season. The role of original American Idol judge Randy Jackson remains unclear.
‘American Idol’ Judging Panel Takes Shape
What's Hot on Deadline
Bloomberg Scrubs White House Correspondents' Dinner Party As Donald Trump Vows To "Do Something" About Press
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'