Amazon Studios says it sees digital comics as a great way to get audience feedback and test the viability of the project to possibly turn into a feature film. Blackburn Burrow, released today, is a supernatural tale set in a small Appalachian town in northern Georgia during the Civil War. It’s based on a feature film screenplay by writer Jay Levy. “This is a very exciting new venture for Amazon Studios. Beyond entertaining lots of comic fans, we see value in digital comics as a new way to test screenplays and learn more about fan engagement,” said Roy Price, Director of Amazon Studios. The Blackburn Burrow digital comic book is produced by 12 Gauge Comics, along with comics writer Ron Marz (Silver Surfer, Green Lantern, Marvel Vs. DC, Batman/Aliens) and veteran illustrator Matthew Dow Smith (Doctor Who, X-Men Icons). Blackburn Burrow is available for free through a variety of sites and platforms including Graphicly, AmazonStudios.com, Amazon Studios Facebook page and the Kindle Store. The entire Blackburn Burrow comic will be released over a period of four months with new issues coming out every four weeks. Each release will be accompanied by a poll related to content in that issue that encourages readers to give feedback and provide comments.
Amazon Studios Tests The Film Waters With 'Blackburn Burrow' Digital Comic
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’: How Director Jake Kasdan & Producer Matt Tolmach Are Changing The Game Of The Classic Book…
- Universal Sets Doctor Dolittle Film With Robert Downey Jr. For 2019
- Sony CinemaCon Presentation: ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’, ‘Dark Tower’, ‘Emoji Movie’ & More…
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’