The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Awardsline News
- Study Finds “Little Progress” For Women In Percentage Of Non-Acting Oscar Nominations
- CDG Awards Live Blog And Winners List
- The Music Inside Guillermo del Toro’s Monster: Alexandre Desplat On His Score For ‘Shape Of Water’: Crew…
- Sound Designer Julian Slater On His “Lightning In A Bottle” Moment With Sound-Centric ‘Baby Driver’
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- ‘Dunkirk’, ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Take Home Top Honors At MPSE Golden Reel Awards – Complete…