The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'