The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'