The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘The Divine Order’ Director Petra Volpe On The Crumbling Of The Swiss Patriarchy
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…