The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Awardsline News
- Film Academy Investigating President John Bailey For Sexual Harassment
- SXSW Film Festival Jury Awards: ‘Thunder Road’ By Jim Cummings Wins Narrative
- Deadline’s Contenders Emmys: Invites Out Today For April 15 Event; Star-Filled Lineup Includes Record 100+…
- Frances McDormand’s Oscar Stolen & Recovered; Suspect, Who Posted Video On Facebook, Is Charged
- ‘Hamilton’ Nabs Record 13 Olivier Awards Nominations; Bryan Cranston Gets First Nod
- Oscars Aftermath: Behind The Scenes At The Show & Parties On An Emotional Night To Remember