The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
MoviePass Launches Annual Subscription Plan For Under $8 A Month: That's Lower Than The Average Movie Ticket Price
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Get Out’ Director Jordan Peele: Scaring Up Racial Dialogue By Fusing Genre With Polemic
- Bryan Cranston Talks ‘Last Flag Flying’ And His Upcoming Turn As Howard Beale In ‘Network’ On The London…
- ‘White Sun’ EP Danny Glover On The Hope Children Bring For The Future Of The Political Process
- Peter Bart: First-Time Directors Are Stealing The Awards-Season Sizzle
- ‘The Breadwinner’ Director Nora Twomey On Life In An Imbalanced Society: “Inequality Hurts Everyone”
- Michael Stuhlbarg Plays The Parent Everyone Wishes They Had In ‘Call Me By Your Name’