The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Dawns With $85M Through Friday, $48M In China - International Box Office
Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: "It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done"
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Legion’ & ‘Fargo’ Stunt Coordinator Guy Bews On Executing A ‘Revenant’-Like One-Take Sequence In…
- How ‘The Immortal Life’ Director George C. Wolfe Honored The Life And Legacy Of Henrietta Lacks
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead On The Nine Lives Of Nikki Swango In ‘Fargo’ – Emmys Q&A
- ‘Casual’ Creator Zander Lehmann On Season 3 Character Developments In Series Run By Three Showrunners
- Newcomer Katherine Langford On ‘13 Reasons Why’: “It Was The Best First Show I Could Have Ever Done”
- ‘Fashion Photo RuView’ EPs Fenton Bailey & Randy Barbato On Their “Screen Agnostic” Approach To…