The special Founders Awards will be bestowed during the 40th International Emmy Awards gala November 19 in New York. Both Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) and Norman Lear (All In The Family) had series in distribution in 1972, the first year of the awards, and the honors mark that milestone. “In television, as in other human endeavors, we are the sum of what has come before us,” International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences president and CEO Bruce Paisner said. “It is with great pride, on the 40th anniversary of the first gala, that the International Academy salutes these two industry legends, whose work has helped make us and television all that we are today.” Also during the ceremony, Ryan Murphy will receive the 2012 International Emmy Founders Award, and Korean Broadcasting System president and CEO Kim In-Kyu will receive the Directorate Award. The International Academy will present Emmys in nine categories during the gala.
Alan Alda & Norman Lear To Receive Special Int'l Emmy Founders Awards
What's Hot on Deadline
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
'Logan Lucky' Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh's Directorial Return
Latest Awardsline News
- Emmy Predictions: Actress In A Drama Series
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Drama Series
- ADG Awards: Art Directors Guild Draws Up New Category For Animated Feature Production Design
- Nicole Kidman On ‘Big Little Lies’, Kubrick And Taking Chances: “I Don't Approach Things From That Safe Place”…
- Gordon Ramsay Discusses Process Of Identifying And Elevating Young Talent On 'MasterChef Junior'
- PHOTOS: Gordon Ramsay Hosts Exquisite “For Your Children” Event In Support Of ‘MasterChef Junior’