Director Andrew Disney and Red Productions are using Tugg to distribute their movie Searching For Sonny. Specifically, Tugg is a combination crowd source and social media new way of releasing movies. Here’s how Tugg works: people sign up and request the movie at a participating location at a specific time — then spread the word. When enough moviegoers register, Tugg reserves the theater, handles ticketing, and arranges delivery of the movie. (If not enough people commit, no screening is set up, and moviegoers are charged nothing.) Tugg is developing relationships with theater chains including AMC, Regal, Cinemark and Rave. The service is running but still in beta. As for Searching For Sonny, it screened at the Austin Film Festival in 2011 and at 30+ fests nationwide. It stars Jason Dohring, Minka Kelly, Michael Hogan, and Masi Oka. Interested fans can sign up here to arrange to see the comedy about three friends snared in a murder mystery at their 10-year high school reunion. Potential showings are moving forward in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and other cities.
Indie Using Tugg Movie Distribution Model
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
'Game Of Thrones' Maestro George R.R. Martin Gets In Business With Warner Bros. Animation: Studio To Adapt Author's 'The Ice Dragon'
Latest Film News
- Guy Pearce-Kylie Minogue Comedy ‘Flammable Children’ Sells To UK, France, Italy, Spain, More
- Fox 2000 Sets Release Date For ‘The Hate U Give’
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Outlander’s Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony’s ‘Bloodshot’; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also…
- Gal Gadot, Sue Kroll & Jaron Varsano Team To Produce ‘My Dearest Fidel’
- Why Is Comcast Still So Hot For Fox?