Director Andrew Disney and Red Productions are using Tugg to distribute their movie Searching For Sonny. Specifically, Tugg is a combination crowd source and social media new way of releasing movies. Here’s how Tugg works: people sign up and request the movie at a participating location at a specific time — then spread the word. When enough moviegoers register, Tugg reserves the theater, handles ticketing, and arranges delivery of the movie. (If not enough people commit, no screening is set up, and moviegoers are charged nothing.) Tugg is developing relationships with theater chains including AMC, Regal, Cinemark and Rave. The service is running but still in beta. As for Searching For Sonny, it screened at the Austin Film Festival in 2011 and at 30+ fests nationwide. It stars Jason Dohring, Minka Kelly, Michael Hogan, and Masi Oka. Interested fans can sign up here to arrange to see the comedy about three friends snared in a murder mystery at their 10-year high school reunion. Potential showings are moving forward in Los Angeles, New York, Chicago and other cities.
Indie Using Tugg Movie Distribution Model
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2018 – Part 2: John Legend, Jeffrey Wright, Alia Shawkat, Jay Ellis & More
- Andrea Nevins Documents Moment Of Barbie’s Transformation With ‘Tiny Shoulders’ — Tribeca Studio
- ‘Rampage’ Rounds $216M Overseas; ‘A Quiet Place’ Cranks WW Volume To $207M – International…
- ‘The Caretaker’ Filmmakers Launch VR Company Hidden Content At Tribeca
- Sarasota Film Festival Caps 20th Anniversary Edition With Jury Prizes For ‘I Am Not A Witch’ And ‘Minding The Gap…
- British Politicians Urge Inclusion Riders To Be Introduced To Secure Film & High-End TV Tax Relief