EXCLUSIVE: Every administration needs someone to be one heartbeat away to take over the Oval Office in case something terrible happens. For the administration of White House Down, that someone is going to be Michael Murphy. The actor will play Vice-President Alvin Hammond in the political thriller. In the movie, the Veep tries to establish order and a chain of command as the attack on the Executive Mansion leads to reports that the President is unable to lead. Jamie Foxx plays the Commander-in-Chief in the Roland Emmerich-directed movie. White House Down, which got bumped up to now come out on June 28, 2013, also stars Channing Tatum as the Secret Service agent trying to thwart the mercenary attack. Maggie Gyllenhaal stars in the movie too as does Jason Clarke as the lead mercenary. White House Down isn’t Murphy’s first time playing a political role. He played a political operative in Robert Altman’s Nashville and presidential candidate Jack Tanner in the HBO series Tanner 88 and its 2004 Sundance sequel Tanner on Tanner. Murphy, who had a leading role in Woody Allen’s Manhattan, also played the Mayor of Gotham City in 1992’s Batman Returns and Angel’s father in 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand. Murphy is repped by the Kohner Agency.
'White House Down' Adds Michael Murphy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest