EXCLUSIVE: Christopher Eccleston has been set for the villain role in Marvel Studios’ Thor: The Dark World, starring opposite Chris Hemsworth in the role of Malekith The Accursed. If you don’t know who Malekith is, your Hall H privileges at Comic-Con are officially suspended. He is a super-villain in the Marvel Universe, the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. In the Marvel Comics, he clashed mightily with Thor, and will go up against the hammer-wielding son of Odin in the film directed by Game of Thrones‘ Alan Taylor. He once wielded the Casket of Ancient Winters. We know Eccleston from Doctor Who, and he is repped by Principal Entertainment.
We Have A 'Thor 2' Villain: Christopher Eccleston To Play Malekith The Accursed
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
Latest Film News
- ‘First Match’ And ‘TransMilitary’ Are Among SXSW Audience Award Winners
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings