EXCLUSIVE: Christopher Eccleston has been set for the villain role in Marvel Studios’ Thor: The Dark World, starring opposite Chris Hemsworth in the role of Malekith The Accursed. If you don’t know who Malekith is, your Hall H privileges at Comic-Con are officially suspended. He is a super-villain in the Marvel Universe, the ruler of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim. In the Marvel Comics, he clashed mightily with Thor, and will go up against the hammer-wielding son of Odin in the film directed by Game of Thrones‘ Alan Taylor. He once wielded the Casket of Ancient Winters. We know Eccleston from Doctor Who, and he is repped by Principal Entertainment.
We Have A 'Thor 2' Villain: Christopher Eccleston To Play Malekith The Accursed
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’