EXCLUSIVE: Elizabeth Banks and Morgan Freeman will lend their voices to lead roles in Lego, Warner Bros tent pole animated 3D film that will be released February 28, 2014. Studio is keeping the specific character under wraps, but I’m told that Freeman will voice a character called Vitruvius and they will join Chris Pratt and Will Arnett in the film. Latter reportedly plays a Lego version of Batman. The plot: an ordinary Lego mini-figure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil Lego tyrant from gluing the universe together. The film will be directed by the 21 Jump Street team of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who wrote the script and who share story credit with Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman. Dan Lin and Roy Lee are producing. Banks is repped by UTA and Untitled and Freeman by CAA. Australian animation house Animal Logic will do the CGI work.
Warner Bros Builds Morgan Freeman And Elizabeth Banks Into 'Lego' Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Barbet Schroeder On Robert Durst, ‘Amnesia’ & Why He Hasn’t Made A Hollywood Pic In 13 Years – Cannes…
- ‘Southpaw’ Screening Pumped Up By Fest Chief Thierry Frémaux – Cannes
- Guillermo Del Toro On Enthralling & Energizing Jury Experience – Cannes Q&A
- Studiocanal & Switzerland’s Impuls Enter Output Deal – Cannes
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box Office…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82