EXCLUSIVE: Elizabeth Banks and Morgan Freeman will lend their voices to lead roles in Lego, Warner Bros tent pole animated 3D film that will be released February 28, 2014. Studio is keeping the specific character under wraps, but I’m told that Freeman will voice a character called Vitruvius and they will join Chris Pratt and Will Arnett in the film. Latter reportedly plays a Lego version of Batman. The plot: an ordinary Lego mini-figure, mistakenly thought to be the extraordinary MasterBuilder, is recruited to join a quest to stop an evil Lego tyrant from gluing the universe together. The film will be directed by the 21 Jump Street team of Phil Lord and Christopher Miller, who wrote the script and who share story credit with Dan Hageman and Kevin Hageman. Dan Lin and Roy Lee are producing. Banks is repped by UTA and Untitled and Freeman by CAA. Australian animation house Animal Logic will do the CGI work.
Warner Bros Builds Morgan Freeman And Elizabeth Banks Into 'Lego' Feature
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Add Actor’s Friends & Family To Expenses Suit
- Jon Gonda Moves To Paramount From Warner Bros
- Scott Rudin Productions Lands Alice McDermott Novel ‘The Ninth Hour’
- Adam Bartley Joins Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Film; Elaine Hendrix Cast In ‘Burying Yasmeen’ Indie
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence