EXCLUSIVE: NewNowNext Vote With Wanda Sykes will focus on hot topics for the gay and lesbian voter and where the Presidential candidates stand on those issues. Sykes’ two, one-hour specials will feature a roundtable format with panelists from both sides of the political aisle, addressing issues including gay marriage, Supreme Court appointments, the economy and healthcare along with commentary sparked by trending news from the campaign trail. “These specials will be thought provoking, exciting and the perfect forum to discuss important issues facing our community,” the openly gay comedian said. “Plus, it is Logo so maybe I’ll get to dress in drag!” The first of the two specials taped in front of a live studio audience, will air four days after the Democratic Convention, Monday, September 10th at 10 PM The second will air on election-eve, Monday, November 5th. Skyes appeared last year on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. In her Emmy-nominated HBO stand up special I’ma Be Me she tackled topics like the first black president, gay cruises, being a new mom and aging. NewNowNext Vote With Wanda Sykes is executive produced by Mark Consuelos, Albert Bianchini, Sykes, Liz Stanton, along with Logo’s Brent Zacky and Christopher Willey.
Wanda Sykes To Host Two Election Specials Focusing On Gay, Lesbian Issues For Logo
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest TV News
- ‘Oscar Pistorius: Blade Runner Killer’ Movie Set On Lifetime For Fall Premiere
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Showrunner Erica Shelton Kodish Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- NBC Claims Fourth Consecutive 52-Week Demo Ratings Win
- ‘Younger’ Season 4 Is Highest-Rated In Series History In Live+3
- Syfy Moves ‘Happy!’ Premiere Date Back A Week
- ABC Buys Fertility Workplace Comedy From Annie Neal & Doug Robinson