EXCLUSIVE: NewNowNext Vote With Wanda Sykes will focus on hot topics for the gay and lesbian voter and where the Presidential candidates stand on those issues. Sykes’ two, one-hour specials will feature a roundtable format with panelists from both sides of the political aisle, addressing issues including gay marriage, Supreme Court appointments, the economy and healthcare along with commentary sparked by trending news from the campaign trail. “These specials will be thought provoking, exciting and the perfect forum to discuss important issues facing our community,” the openly gay comedian said. “Plus, it is Logo so maybe I’ll get to dress in drag!” The first of the two specials taped in front of a live studio audience, will air four days after the Democratic Convention, Monday, September 10th at 10 PM The second will air on election-eve, Monday, November 5th. Skyes appeared last year on HBO’s Curb Your Enthusiasm. In her Emmy-nominated HBO stand up special I’ma Be Me she tackled topics like the first black president, gay cruises, being a new mom and aging. NewNowNext Vote With Wanda Sykes is executive produced by Mark Consuelos, Albert Bianchini, Sykes, Liz Stanton, along with Logo’s Brent Zacky and Christopher Willey.
Wanda Sykes To Host Two Election Specials Focusing On Gay, Lesbian Issues For Logo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'