Virginia Madsen and Elias Koteas have signed on to Jake Squared. Koteas will play the title character, a filmmaker whose self-examination movie spins out of control. The Oscar nominated Madsen plays Beth, Jake’s confidant. The film is written and directed by Howard Goldberg, a Sundance Institute Fellowship recipient. Koteas, Goldberg and David K. Wilson are producing the indie. Shelley H. Surpin and Howard Himelstein are executive producing. Koteas is also starring, along with Liev Schreiber, in the sci-fi thriller Last Days of Mars. It was announced recently that Madsen, who was nominated for an Academy Award for her role in 2004’s Sideways, would join the cast of Hell On Wheels for several episodes in the AMC show’s second season. Koteas is repped by UTA and Kipperman Management. Madsen is repped by UTA and Untitled.
Virginia Madsen & Elias Koteas Join Indie 'Jake Squared'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Patten
- SPOILER: 'Hell On Wheels' Star, Showrunner Detail Character's Surprise Exit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Utopia' Down Again, 'Kitchen Nightmares' Finale Falls, NBC Tops Night
- Democrats Desperate For Hollywood Cash? Obama Back In LA For Gwyneth Paltrow Hosted Fundraiser
- Bravo Delays 'Shahs Of Sunset' Season Launch As Strike Grows
- Pickets Up! 'Shahs Of Sunset' Strike Takes To The Streets
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NBC Tops Obama Speech Coverage, 'Hell's Kitchen' Returns Down, 'Big Brother' Steady