VH1 has scrapped its upcoming reality series Ev And Ocho. The show, starring newlyweds Evelyn Lozada and NFL player Chad Johnson (formerly known as Ochocinco), was slated to premiere on Sept. 3. “Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series Ev and Ocho from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it,” the network said in a statement. The decision follows Johnson’s arrest and subsequent charging with domestic battery for allegedly hitting/headbutting Lozada that also led to his firing from the Miami Dolphins. A spinoff from Basketball Wives, Ev And Ocho was to chronicle the couple’s romance.
VH1 Pulls The Plug On 'Ev And Ocho' Reality Series Following Chad Johnson's Arrest
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order