VH1 has scrapped its upcoming reality series Ev And Ocho. The show, starring newlyweds Evelyn Lozada and NFL player Chad Johnson (formerly known as Ochocinco), was slated to premiere on Sept. 3. “Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series Ev and Ocho from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it,” the network said in a statement. The decision follows Johnson’s arrest and subsequent charging with domestic battery for allegedly hitting/headbutting Lozada that also led to his firing from the Miami Dolphins. A spinoff from Basketball Wives, Ev And Ocho was to chronicle the couple’s romance.
VH1 Pulls The Plug On 'Ev And Ocho' Reality Series Following Chad Johnson's Arrest
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Hand Of God' To Go To Series, Two Others Likely As Amazon Studios Starts Making Series Pickup Decisions
- ABC Nabs 1970s Female Cop Drama From Fake Empire & Kapital Entertainment As Put Pilot
- 'Rush Hour' To Be Remade As Action Series From Bill Lawrence & Brett Ratner
- Yvonne Strahovski To Co-Star In ABC's 'Astronaut Wives Club'
- FX Renews Comedies 'Married' & 'You're The Worst', Moves 'Worst' To FXX
- NBC Nabs 'Raven Rock' Drama From Robert Zemeckis, Bob Cooper, eOne & Paramount TV