VH1 has scrapped its upcoming reality series Ev And Ocho. The show, starring newlyweds Evelyn Lozada and NFL player Chad Johnson (formerly known as Ochocinco), was slated to premiere on Sept. 3. “Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series Ev and Ocho from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it,” the network said in a statement. The decision follows Johnson’s arrest and subsequent charging with domestic battery for allegedly hitting/headbutting Lozada that also led to his firing from the Miami Dolphins. A spinoff from Basketball Wives, Ev And Ocho was to chronicle the couple’s romance.
VH1 Pulls The Plug On 'Ev And Ocho' Reality Series Following Chad Johnson's Arrest
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ‘NCIS’: Maria Bello Joins Veteran CBS Drama As Series Regular
- Katy Perry To Host MTV Video Music Awards
- ‘The Arrangement’: Garcelle Beauvais Set To Recur In Season 2 On E!
- Donald Trump Gives Thumbs Up As ‘Fox & Friends’ & New York Times Make Nice
- Amy Sedaris Explains ‘At Home’ To Bemused TV Critics At TCA
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’: Krista Vernoff Returning As Co-Showrunner For Season 14