VH1 has scrapped its upcoming reality series Ev And Ocho. The show, starring newlyweds Evelyn Lozada and NFL player Chad Johnson (formerly known as Ochocinco), was slated to premiere on Sept. 3. “Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series Ev and Ocho from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it,” the network said in a statement. The decision follows Johnson’s arrest and subsequent charging with domestic battery for allegedly hitting/headbutting Lozada that also led to his firing from the Miami Dolphins. A spinoff from Basketball Wives, Ev And Ocho was to chronicle the couple’s romance.
VH1 Pulls The Plug On 'Ev And Ocho' Reality Series Following Chad Johnson's Arrest
What's Hot on Deadline
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
Latest TV News
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order
- GOP Debate Live Blog: And Then There Were Six