VH1 has scrapped its upcoming reality series Ev And Ocho. The show, starring newlyweds Evelyn Lozada and NFL player Chad Johnson (formerly known as Ochocinco), was slated to premiere on Sept. 3. “Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series Ev and Ocho from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it,” the network said in a statement. The decision follows Johnson’s arrest and subsequent charging with domestic battery for allegedly hitting/headbutting Lozada that also led to his firing from the Miami Dolphins. A spinoff from Basketball Wives, Ev And Ocho was to chronicle the couple’s romance.
VH1 Pulls The Plug On 'Ev And Ocho' Reality Series Following Chad Johnson's Arrest
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- ‘Spaced Out’: Matt Shively & Christine Woods To Topline NBC Comedy Pilot
- Harry Connick Jr. Talk Show Renewed For Season 2
- ‘Fargo’ Season 3 Extended Trailer: “The Gloves Are Off Now” – You Betcha
- Pilot Season 2017: Network Ownership & In-Season Stacking Rights Cast Shadow