VH1 has scrapped its upcoming reality series Ev And Ocho. The show, starring newlyweds Evelyn Lozada and NFL player Chad Johnson (formerly known as Ochocinco), was slated to premiere on Sept. 3. “Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series Ev and Ocho from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it,” the network said in a statement. The decision follows Johnson’s arrest and subsequent charging with domestic battery for allegedly hitting/headbutting Lozada that also led to his firing from the Miami Dolphins. A spinoff from Basketball Wives, Ev And Ocho was to chronicle the couple’s romance.
VH1 Pulls The Plug On 'Ev And Ocho' Reality Series Following Chad Johnson's Arrest
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks