VH1 has scrapped its upcoming reality series Ev And Ocho. The show, starring newlyweds Evelyn Lozada and NFL player Chad Johnson (formerly known as Ochocinco), was slated to premiere on Sept. 3. “Due to the unfortunate events over the weekend and the seriousness of the allegations, VH1 is pulling the series Ev and Ocho from its schedule and has no current plans of airing it,” the network said in a statement. The decision follows Johnson’s arrest and subsequent charging with domestic battery for allegedly hitting/headbutting Lozada that also led to his firing from the Miami Dolphins. A spinoff from Basketball Wives, Ev And Ocho was to chronicle the couple’s romance.
VH1 Pulls The Plug On 'Ev And Ocho' Reality Series Following Chad Johnson's Arrest
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'The Flash' & 'Jane the Virgin' Get Full-Season Orders At CW
- 'The Bridge' Cancelled By FX After 2 Seasons
- Warner Bros New Digital Unit Unveils Name & Slate: Mortal Kombat & Static Shock Series; Akiva Goldsman Project
- 'Faking It' Gets Order For 10 More Episodes From MTV
- Christian Slater To Star In USA Pilot 'Mr. Robot'
- IFC Ups Christine Lubrano To SVP Original Programming, Hires Development Execs