Veronique Passani Peck, the widow of actor Gregory Peck and longtime arts patron, died Friday of heart failure at her Los Angeles home. She was 80. Born in Paris, the French journalist met the actor when she interviewed him for the newspaper France Soir. She moved to the U.S. at 23 and married the movie star. Their marriage lasted 48 years until his death in 2003. Veronique Peck helped create the Inner City Cultural Center in South Los Angeles, was a founder of the Los Angeles Music Center, and a longtime fundraiser for the Los Angeles Public Library.
R.I.P. Veronique Peck
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Latest Film News
- Thiller ‘Here and Gone’ Lands At Random House Studio In First Project With China’s Meridian; James Schamus To…
- ‘Masterminds’ Trailer: What Could Be Simpler Than A Multimillion-Dollar Heist?
- Vin Diesel Nearing 100M On Facebook But Females Are Top 2016 Social Media Stars
- DGA Sets 2017 Awards Schedule
- ‘The Accountant’ Trailer #2: Ben Affleck & The World’s Scariest Pocket Protector
- Nick Jonas In Talks To Join ‘Jumanji’ Movie