Veronique Passani Peck, the widow of actor Gregory Peck and longtime arts patron, died Friday of heart failure at her Los Angeles home. She was 80. Born in Paris, the French journalist met the actor when she interviewed him for the newspaper France Soir. She moved to the U.S. at 23 and married the movie star. Their marriage lasted 48 years until his death in 2003. Veronique Peck helped create the Inner City Cultural Center in South Los Angeles, was a founder of the Los Angeles Music Center, and a longtime fundraiser for the Los Angeles Public Library.
R.I.P. Veronique Peck
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Helen Mirren To Narrate ‘Cries From Syria’ For HBO Bow
- Eric Heisserer-Backed TV Series ‘The Scrawl’ Among First Projects For Newbie Penchant Entertainment
- Beware, Oscar Voters: Final Academy Award Ballots Due Today!
- Viacom Looks Beyond Brad Grey Era Toward Future Of Paramount
- ‘Han Solo Star Wars’ Movie Underway: First Look
- SXSW 2017: Bob Odenkirk, Chris Hardwick & Whitney Cummings Among Lineup For Comedy Festival