After its plea for an additional presidential debate targeting Hispanic voters was rejected, Univision is now teaming up with Facebook to host “Meet The Candidate” forums with separate events for President Barack Obama and presumptive Republican nominee Mitt Romney. The media company says the forums will directly address topics of importance to the Hispanic community in Spanish and English. “These events speak to President Obama and Governor Romney recognizing the important role Hispanic America will play in the elections and in defining the future of our country,” said Univision News President Isaac Lee. “In our role of informing and empowering our audience, and as part of Univision’s 50-year relationship with this community, these conversations are critically important to the community we serve. This important discussion is increasingly taking place on Facebook and we are excited to utilize the world’s largest social network to get people involved with issues that matter most to them”. Univision says both Obama and Romney have confirmed their participation. Details will be announced in the coming weeks.
Univision To Host “Meet The Candidate” Forums Ahead Of Election Day
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'