As the XXX Summer Games showed earlier this summer, sports can be very good for NBC. Sunday night’s NFL Preseason Football (2.9/8) won’t be the most watched event in TV history like the London Games was but it did pretty well for the network. NBC won the night among Adults 18-49 and in terms of total viewers with an audience of 7.695 million. In fast nationals, the 8:15 – 11 PM live game, where Tim Tebow and the New York Jets lost to the Carolina Panthers, was flat with last year’s second preseason game between the New Orleans Saints and the Oakland Raiders on NBC on August 28, 2011. Before the game, NBC aired the Madden NFL 13 Pigskin Pro-Am (1.4/5) special at 7 PM. Expect the ratings for last night’s game to change as final numbers come in later today. CBS kicked its primetime Sunday off with a 60 Minutes (1.2/4) repeat at 7 PM. The newsmagazine show was followed by a new Big Brother (2.5/7) at 8 PM. The multi-night reality series was up 4% over last Sunday’s broadcast with 7.318 million viewers in total. Otherwise it was all repeats on TV on Sunday night. CBS finished off the night with The Good Wife (0.8/2) and The Mentalist (1.0/3). ABC had America’s Funniest Home Videos (1.2/4), Once Upon A Time (0.8/2) and a two-hour Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition (0.8/2). After a bit of NFL coverage spillover into the 7 PM American Dad (2.0/7) slot, Fox ran a night of animated encores. At 7:30 PM, it was The Cleveland Show (1.2/4), followed by a double Simpsons at 8 PM (1.7/5) and 8:30 PM (1.8/5) and double Family Guy at 9 PM (2.0/5) and 9:30 PM (1.9/5).
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'NFL Preseason Football' Wins Night For NBC, 'Big Brother' Up
What's Hot on Deadline
How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became 'The Tale', A Movie I Hope Will Change The World - Guest Column
Latest TV News
- ESPN, TNT Salivate For First Pair Of NBA Conference Title Game 7s Since 1979
- ‘Charmed’ Star Sarah Jeffery Hits Back At Reboot Critics, Touts Its “Positive Effect”
- MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Reads Donald Trump’s Tweets — Until She Just Can’t Take It Anymore
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”