There were no brand new shows premiering last night but as summer television settles back into non-Olympic normalcy there were some heavy hitters returning to the ring. America’s Got Talent (2.7/8) was back for the first time since July 24 with a two-hour “You Tube” live show on Tuesday. Unlike its return after the 2008 Olympics, when it was down 11% from its pre-Olympics broadcast, Talent hadn’t lost any of its steps in this year. Tuesday’s Talent was even with its last broadcast three weeks ago, which also got a 2.7/8. The new America’s Got Talent was followed by an encore of NBC’s latest celebrity competition show Stars Earn Stripes (1.4/4), which debuted Monday night. NBC won the night among Adults 18-49 and in terms of total viewers with 7.87 million watching. Fox continued its two-night Hotel Hell (2.1/7) debut with Gordon Ramsey. The show was up 11% from Monday’s premiere and Hell held on to its previous night’s total viewership audience. Hotel Hell was followed by more Ramsey and the return of MasterChef (2.4/7). The cooking competition show was down a slight 4% from its last original show on July 24. ABC primarily had an evening of repeats Tuesday but they did air a new episode of N.Y. Med(1.0/3). The medical docudrama was up a whooping 43% from last week. Otherwise ABC aired The Middle (0.8/3), Last Man Standing (0.8/2), Happy Endings (0.6/2), and Don’t Trust The B in Apt 23 (0.6/2). CBS had a full night of repeats with NCIS (1.1/4), NCIS: LA (1.1/3), and The Mentalist (1.1/3).
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'America's Got Talent' Even Post-Olympics, 'Hotel Hell' Rises, 'N.Y. Med' Way Up
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout