Television networks have a challenging few days with Tropical Storm Isaac and the Republican National Convention competing for coverage. CNN has already moved Anderson Cooper to New Orleans where Isaac appears to be headed, according to The Associated Press, and Fox News Channel has done the same with Shepard Smith. It’s deja vu for Cooper who left a Republican convention four years ago to head to the Gulf region which was in the path of Hurricane Gustav. News networks already had to adjust programming after Isaac prompted the Republicans to postpone the opening night of their convention. One network executive tells the AP: “Expect to see a lot of split-screens”.
TV Networks Juggling Coverage Of Isaac, GOP Convention
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney