Time Warner’s cable network unit is said to have paid about $175M for the San Francisco-based digital publication that features user-generated articles for sports fans. The Bleacher Report (also known as B/R) is “a strategic acquisition” that “reflects our continuing commitment to bring fans greater content across all screens throughout the entire year,” says David Levy who’s Turner’s president of sales, distribution and sports. B/R has more than 10M monthly unique visitors. Brian Grey will continue to serve as CEO of B/R and becomes an SVP at Turner Sports. The operation also manages digital properties for the NBA, NCAA and PGA, oversees ad sales for NASCAR.COM and has a strategic sales relationship with Yahoo! Sports. Willkie Farr & Gallagher helped Turner Broadcasting with the deal while B/R was advised by RBC Capital Markets and Latham & Watkins.
Turner Broadcasting Buys Online Sports Site 'Bleacher Report'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers & Stephen Colbert Take On Donald Trump’s First 100 Days
- WGA Establishes Strike Fund In Preparation For Walkout
- Tucker Carlson Ratings Keep Pace With Bill O’Reilly On Night 1
- Scott Baio Further Clarifies Comments On Erin Moran’s Death – Update
- ‘The Bachelor’s Chris Soules Arrested For Leaving Scene Of Fatal Crash
- ‘Into The Badlands’ Renewed For Expanded Season 3 By AMC