Time Warner’s cable network unit is said to have paid about $175M for the San Francisco-based digital publication that features user-generated articles for sports fans. The Bleacher Report (also known as B/R) is “a strategic acquisition” that “reflects our continuing commitment to bring fans greater content across all screens throughout the entire year,” says David Levy who’s Turner’s president of sales, distribution and sports. B/R has more than 10M monthly unique visitors. Brian Grey will continue to serve as CEO of B/R and becomes an SVP at Turner Sports. The operation also manages digital properties for the NBA, NCAA and PGA, oversees ad sales for NASCAR.COM and has a strategic sales relationship with Yahoo! Sports. Willkie Farr & Gallagher helped Turner Broadcasting with the deal while B/R was advised by RBC Capital Markets and Latham & Watkins.
Turner Broadcasting Buys Online Sports Site 'Bleacher Report'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- APA Investigating Agent As Two Men Come Forward With Sexual Assault Allegations
- ‘Mayans MC’: Raoul Trujillo Cast In FX's 'Sons Of Anarchy' Spinoff Pilot
- TV Land’s Jennifer Zaldivar-Clark Named SVP Talent For Paramount Network
- ‘Hannity’ Plans Las Vegas Tribute Tonight: Big & Rich, Rascal Flatts To Perform
- Viacom Has Running Room With Ratings Uptick, Charter Carriage Deal–UBS Analyst
- ‘Will & Grace’ Ratings Stabilize To Top Thursday, ‘Arrow’ Steady As ‘Scandal’ & ‘HTGAWM’ Slip To Lows With No…