Time Warner’s cable network unit is said to have paid about $175M for the San Francisco-based digital publication that features user-generated articles for sports fans. The Bleacher Report (also known as B/R) is “a strategic acquisition” that “reflects our continuing commitment to bring fans greater content across all screens throughout the entire year,” says David Levy who’s Turner’s president of sales, distribution and sports. B/R has more than 10M monthly unique visitors. Brian Grey will continue to serve as CEO of B/R and becomes an SVP at Turner Sports. The operation also manages digital properties for the NBA, NCAA and PGA, oversees ad sales for NASCAR.COM and has a strategic sales relationship with Yahoo! Sports. Willkie Farr & Gallagher helped Turner Broadcasting with the deal while B/R was advised by RBC Capital Markets and Latham & Watkins.
Turner Broadcasting Buys Online Sports Site 'Bleacher Report'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Sony Pictures Entertainment Taps Jon Hookstratten As EVP Administration & Operations
- Jason Richman Inks New Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Emmys: Television Academy Pushes Last-Minute Voters As Ballot Deadline Looms Tonight
- ‘SafeWord’: MTV Sets Date For Comedy Game Show From ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Producers
- Ashton Kutcher To EP Two Unscripted Series For Chicken Soup For The Soul