Tribeca Films has acquired the North American rights to the thriller Resolution. The distribution company plans to release the film, which premiered earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival and the Fantasia International Film Festival, in early 2013. The roll out will include a festival run and then a theatrical and on-demand release. Directed by Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson from a screenplay by Benson, Resolution tells the sometimes raw and sometimes-horrific tale of a cold turkey attempt that takes some very unexpected turns. Benson and David Lawson produced Resolution. The deal was negotiated by Nick Savva, Tribeca Film’s Director of Acquisitions and Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films for the filmmakers.
Tribeca Film Picks Up 'Resolution'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Patten
- Disney Slams Expanding Autistic Kids Lawsuit — Claims “Irrelevant” Action More About Media Attention
- Hooray For Hollywood! Gov. Brown Signs Film & TV Tax Credit Bill Extension
- James Cameron Wins Another 'Avatar' Lawsuit
- UPDATE: Gov. Brown Signing Tax Credits Bill Thursday In Hollywood
- NBCU & Bravo Delaying 'Shahs Of Sunset' Contract Talks Amid Strike
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Utopia' & 'America's Got Talent' Rise, 'New Girl' & 'Mindy Project' Return Down, 'Big Brother' Even