Tribeca Films has acquired the North American rights to the thriller Resolution. The distribution company plans to release the film, which premiered earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival and the Fantasia International Film Festival, in early 2013. The roll out will include a festival run and then a theatrical and on-demand release. Directed by Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson from a screenplay by Benson, Resolution tells the sometimes raw and sometimes-horrific tale of a cold turkey attempt that takes some very unexpected turns. Benson and David Lawson produced Resolution. The deal was negotiated by Nick Savva, Tribeca Film’s Director of Acquisitions and Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films for the filmmakers.
Tribeca Film Picks Up 'Resolution'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Patten
- UPDATED: MPAA Weighs In; Action! California Senate Overwhelmingly Passes $330M Film & TV Tax Credit Expansion
- ICM Partners Trying To Head Off Interns' Class Action Lawsuit
- RATINGS RAT RACE: NFL Preseason Preemptions Tackle Primetime
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Extant' & 'Motive' Finale Up, 'SYTYCD' Surges, 'America's Got Talent' Steady
- Disney Faces More Heat As Autistic Kids Lawsuit Looks To Expand
- Warner Bros. Slams “Unauthorized” 'Gilligan's Island' Copyright Lawsuit