Tribeca Films has acquired the North American rights to the thriller Resolution. The distribution company plans to release the film, which premiered earlier this year at the Tribeca Film Festival and the Fantasia International Film Festival, in early 2013. The roll out will include a festival run and then a theatrical and on-demand release. Directed by Aaron Moorhead and Justin Benson from a screenplay by Benson, Resolution tells the sometimes raw and sometimes-horrific tale of a cold turkey attempt that takes some very unexpected turns. Benson and David Lawson produced Resolution. The deal was negotiated by Nick Savva, Tribeca Film’s Director of Acquisitions and Nate Bolotin and Aram Tertzakian of XYZ Films for the filmmakers.
Tribeca Film Picks Up 'Resolution'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Patten
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- North Korean Link To Sony Hack Shifts Legal Landscape For Studio
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- WME Owned IMG Hit With Latest Intern Class Action Lawsuit
- MPAA Hits “Shameful” Google Over Sony Hacking Revelations – Update
- Sundance 2015: Edgar Wright, Cary Fukunaga & Jonathan Nolan Among Fest's Jury Members