Aside from Top Gun 2, Tony Scott has left behind some very promising development projects. The ones that were closest to the start line were Narco Sub at Fox and Lucky Strike with Vince Vaughn starring, Emmett/Furla funding and Fox distributing and a remake of The Wild Bunch at Warner Bros. The one I was most intrigued by was his plan to remake the Walter Hill-directed The Warriors, the 1979 drama about the street gang framed for murdering a gang leader, who are hunted by assorted street gangs as they try to make their way back to the safety of their home turf. Under Scott’s direction, that would have been something to see.
Tony Scott Left Behind Some Fine Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- Isabelle Huppert Adds Another Honor As Oscar Noms Loom
- Gerald Levin To Donald Trump On Rep. John Lewis: Have You No Sense Of Decency, Sir?
- ‘Hidden Figures’ Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? – Monday AM Update
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home