Aside from Top Gun 2, Tony Scott has left behind some very promising development projects. The ones that were closest to the start line were Narco Sub at Fox and Lucky Strike with Vince Vaughn starring, Emmett/Furla funding and Fox distributing and a remake of The Wild Bunch at Warner Bros. The one I was most intrigued by was his plan to remake the Walter Hill-directed The Warriors, the 1979 drama about the street gang framed for murdering a gang leader, who are hunted by assorted street gangs as they try to make their way back to the safety of their home turf. Under Scott’s direction, that would have been something to see.
Tony Scott Left Behind Some Fine Projects
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Fleming Jr
- 'Lego Movie' Sequel Gets Phil Lord, Chris Miller Script Commitment
- Hot Red Band Trailer: 'Nightcrawler'
- Warner Bros To Remake 'Who Am I'; Pic Is German Box Office Sensation
- Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor Joining DC Comics Pic 'Suicide Squad'?
- 'Act Of Killing' Helmer Joshua Oppenheimer Signs With UTA
- Sebastian Stan Joins 'The Martian' And 'Ricki And The Flash'