Aside from Top Gun 2, Tony Scott has left behind some very promising development projects. The ones that were closest to the start line were Narco Sub at Fox and Lucky Strike with Vince Vaughn starring, Emmett/Furla funding and Fox distributing and a remake of The Wild Bunch at Warner Bros. The one I was most intrigued by was his plan to remake the Walter Hill-directed The Warriors, the 1979 drama about the street gang framed for murdering a gang leader, who are hunted by assorted street gangs as they try to make their way back to the safety of their home turf. Under Scott’s direction, that would have been something to see.
Tony Scott Left Behind Some Fine Projects
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
'I Can Only Imagine' Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe's Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
Latest Film News
- ‘Isle Of Dogs’ Review: Wes Anderson’s Weirdly Wonderful Canine Epic Is A Toon Worth Telling
- Behind The MGM Shakeup Shocker! What Happened To Instigate MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber’s Ouster?
- H Collective Lands Aaron W. Sala Horror Spec ‘The Beast’
- ‘Best F(r)iends’ Clip: Tommy Wiseau Makes Room For Another Cult Masterpiece In Bizarre Noir Thriller
- Nick Nolte, Matt Dillon & Emily Mortimer Join ‘Honey In The Head’ Redo
- Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay